• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NCCDL Forming

Anthony_I_Am

imported post

Hey, I'll volunteer to play the whinny anti-gun brainwashed democrat part.

You guys all assemble and I'll call the police with the MWAG call and then standby with the video recorder so we can get all the free publicity!

Maybe we can even get kimberguy to show up with his AR if we pay his bus fare.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Anthony_I_Am wrote:
Hey, I'll volunteer to play the whinny anti-gun brainwashed democrat part.

You guys all assemble and I'll call the police with the MWAG call and then standby with the video recorder so we can get all the free publicity!

Maybe we can even get kimberguy to show up with his AR if we pay his bus fare.

BWAAHAHAAA, AR on a bus...

Scrub

imported post

Just saw that there is nothing new on this thread and I wanted to make sure I did not miss the bus ................... is there a date for any type of meeting yet?

Lawmaker

imported post

Also just FYI GRNC Banquet 14 May

Meet Alan Gura on May 14th!
The attorney who took on D.C. for the Second Amendment in the Supreme Court … and won!

Alan Gura, lawyer who made history, will address GRNC’s Annual Dinner & Second Amendment Symposium. Be there on May 14!
For years, Handgun Control, Inc. and leftist politicians have undermined gun rights by fabricating the notion that the Second Amendment refers not to an individual right, but to a right of states to form organized militias like the National Guard.

glockaholic

imported post

Scrub wrote:
Just saw that there is nothing new on this thread and I wanted to make sure I did not miss the bus ................... is there a date for any type of meeting yet?

Nothing concrete. We're trying to hammer out the details. Saturday, April 10th is our tentative date. More news shortly...

CarryOpen

imported post

I am also gone on that weekend in VA, I am open any weekend in April after that.

Sam

imported post

Oh no! April 10th works perfect for me! =( I work every other weekend. I'll be rigorously checking back for confirmation of the date cuz if it changes I will have to request off. Or be "sick." :)

Luther1517

imported post

Since last week, I have been in e-mail contact with Thomas Faulk Jr., author of Firearms Las of North Carolina, 2nd edition. It started out by me asking him some questions regarding a few of the OC issues posted on our forum and if he would be interested in attending one of our meetings. I think he is interested in meeting with us; he did, however ask a very pertinent question-Is Open Carry NC a state wide organization or a bunch of local groups that meet independently?

That started me thinking (sometimes a dangerous thing to do): Should we in fact coalesce all the local groups into a state wide NCOC Group that has local meetings. However, now that we are seriously forming the NCCDL, would the two overlap and be unnecessary? If we undertake the NCCDL projectproperly, with a charter, by-laws and all other organizational necessities, then OC'ing in NC should be one of our founding principals, in accordance with the NC Constitution. That would not preclude local groups from meeting, of course.

Just something that's been on my mind...I now yield the floor.

Luther1517

imported post

ARG!!!!, I was waiting for that one..... Left myself wide open. Trying to address two issues in one post is hazardous, at best. Maybe I should have started a new thread for the OCNC issue(?), but this thread was getting so many views....seemed the best place. BTW, why should WE vote on OUR by-laws before we know what's in them--The US Congress (Pelosi and Reid and Company) don't :cuss:

CarryOpen

imported post

I would caution against any bylaws that focus our group too narrowly. There are many otherwise would-be members who will not join an OC group. I think that part of the success of the VCDL is because it caters to a wide group of "arms bearers".

Luther1517

imported post

I apologize; I did present my idea in any logical format. I was actually try to make NCCDL a broader based organization.

Here is what I meant to say: This is just throwing out ideas to be considered. Let's say we decide to form a state wide org, North Carolina Open Carry, with local chapters. Would that group have too much overlap with NCCDL in mission statement, membership, resources, etc? I am reflecting on my conversations with Thomas Faulk, Attorney, in Charlotte, regarding strength in numbers. I guess what I am trying to envision is NCCDL being the 'parent org.' or umbrella for other groups like a NCOC (not mandatory membership) for the purposes of consolidation of membership info, calenders, and to avoid duplication of efforts.

I know we are only in the planning stages and these arejust some ideas to kick around. I have no "dog in this fight" and am entirely open to discussions.

crashclint

imported post

Hey guys, I work for an Association Management Company located in the Triangle. We manage local and international groups. Unfortunately the owner of the company is not gun friendly so I can't offer company resources but I am available to help.

I have worked with non-profit trade associations for about 8 years. My wife is the General Manager and has held the positions of accountant and executive director for the last 17 years with the same company.

If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Dreamer

imported post

OK, I just got off the phone with Phil Van Cleve, and he is not going to be available for April 10th. He has to go to Utah for his Utah CHP instructors recertification. And the rest of his weekends in April are booked as well...

However, he IS available on May 22 and May 29.

So if we can nail down a May meeting for one of those two days in the Raleigh area, he can write us in on his calendar.

Sorry about not getting him down here for April, but if we move quickly on May, we can definitely have him around the end of the month...