• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Picnic in Mason County, August 31st

just_a_car

imported post

Nivek wrote:
Just had wisdom teeth pulled. Still should be in attendance, but I may not be able to partake in burgers & weiners just yet. Maybe I'll just bring a jar of applesauce? :?
See y'all on sunday!
I remember that, wasn't all that long ago for me (couple years or so)... I'll see what I can scrounge for you that you'll like. ;)

d0od

imported post

If things work out I will be coming to the picnic. I have two questions though. At this time the only holster I have is the one that came with my XD9. I have avoided carrying open until I can get lv. 2 holster (and am able to cite the RCW's pertaining to open carry) . Am I ok wearing this holster at the picnic, and is it secure enough to wear on my motorcycle? It holds on pretty well but if I got in an accident Im pretty sure it wouldnt stay in.

I have only open carried once and that was a few weeks ago camping, in a mostly deserted camp ground.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Carry for the picknic and around town, you'll be fine. I'm not a bike rider so I have no info on the bike carry but I would think you would want some type of retention while riding.

Nivek

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
I remember that, wasn't all that long ago for me (couple years or so)... I'll see what I can scrounge for you that you'll like. ;)

Haha, thanks. It was just the uppers, and Doc said they tend to heal pretty quick. I'm not in pain, but there's still some BIG holes there that probably shouldn't get a bunch of hamburger bits in them just yet! :what:

We'll see how it all goes on sunday!

just_a_car

imported post

Yeah... I had all three of mine removed... that's right, my top-right one never existed.

It was a pain to pull out the crud from the holes with my tongue, but you just have to make sure you get it all. Otherwise, it gets rather stinky and you won't even know you have bad breath.

Trigger Dr

imported post

I think I will rent a "DUNK TANK" so Bear will have a place to sit. We will draw straws to see who gets to throw the first ball. The winner will be announced next week:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Oh, Bear, sorry I did not tell you about this:D:D:D:D:D

Bear 45/70

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
I think I will rent a "DUNK TANK" so Bear will have a place to sit. We will draw straws to see who gets to throw the first ball. The winner will be announced next week:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Oh, Bear, sorry I did not tell you about this:D:D:D:D:D
Yeah i can tell how sorry you are.
roflmao.gif

Bear 45/70

imported post

I know this islate, but here are some directions. When you get to Belfair follow Hwy 106 at the southern most stop light to the right. About 8 mjiles south the speed limit drops to 25 mph. Go past the first drive on the right to the second or third drive on the right. The kitchen shelter is across the bridge over the creek from the second drive, parking lot which is the biggest. The third drive is the boat launch. Park in the single car parks around the perimeter, the center double long ones are for the boat trailer. The shelter is back towards thehighway near the creek.

just_a_car

imported post

So, it's last minute, but I will not be able to make this; sorry Nivek, you'll have to hope someone brings some soft foods.

I have to get ready to drive down to Seaside, OR for two days to join my family vacationing there to meet them for my sis's birthday dinner on Monday.

Unfortunately, I don't have an OR conceal license, so I'm going to have to unload and stow it as soon as I get to the border. My family doesn't know I carry, so I'll be sticking to disarming, rather than just OC. :? Eh... it's only two days (famous last words).

Trigger Dr

imported post

Nivek

I am bringing a white spaghetti salad that is soft. Thee will be a few pieces of bell pepper and celery that you might have to lookout for.

I was unable to get a DUNK TANK so Bear will have to stand on the edge of the dock while we throw tomatoes at him.

Phssthpok

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
So, it's last minute, but I will not be able to make this; sorry Nivek, you'll have to hope someone brings some soft foods.

I have to get ready to drive down to Seaside, OR for two days to join my family vacationing there to meet them for my sis's birthday dinner on Monday.

Unfortunately, I don't have an OR conceal license, so I'm going to have to unload and stow it as soon as I get to the border. My family doesn't know I carry, so I'll be sticking to disarming, rather than just OC. :? Eh... it's only two days (famous last words).

Actually, in oregon LOADED OC in a vehicle is perfectly legal. portland THINKS they banned it, but that part of their prohibition wouldn't withstand even a half-arsed legal challange.

regardless, all you have to do is bail off I-5 at longview, take US-30 through Astoria to Seaside and avoid P-town altogether.;)

just_a_car

imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
just_a_car wrote:

Actually, in oregon LOADED OC in a vehicle is perfectly legal. portland THINKS they banned it, but that part of their prohibition wouldn't withstand even a half-arsed legal challange.

regardless, all you have to do is bail off I-5 at longview, take US-30 through Astoria to Seaside and avoid P-town altogether.;)
That's actually the route I was going to be taking.

I'll be leaving in an hour or two and should arrive at around 11pm-12mid.

Unfortunately, if I can't conceal around my family, I can't have it on me, so as soon as I get to Seaside, I'll have to unload and hide it for the duration I'm there, which is only around 24hours.

RangerGirl

imported post

Nice to meet everybody today out here at Twanoh - thanks for coming out! I have officially joined the forum. It is nice to have some backup out there!! ;) Thanks again, and hope to seeyou camping here or visiting the park soon!!

Stacy

Trigger Dr

imported post

Rangergirl,

Welcome to the group.

Todays picnic had slightly more than 30 OCers. From what I was able to gather EVERYONE had a good time except Bear. He was wanting the dunk tank:D

Good food, great socializing, met new friends, renewed earlier friendships, got to OC at the same time. What more could you ask for?

I sent M1gunr some pictures of today to post. Everyone said it as OK to put their pic on the forum.

VoiceinShelton

imported post

Hey Rangergirl,

Welcome to the Forums. Great conversation after the picnic and its good to know our park rangers are armed now. The conversation gave me some great insight into using picnic tables :). Anyhow have fun and be safe out there.

Nivek

imported post

Hey everyone, sorry i didn't make it. Got a call from work at about 7:15 this morning. Turns out we fried one of our maintenance cabinets, and I had to go in to help troubleshoot. It seems that the powers that be would like all of our equipment operating properly when we go out to sea... who'da thought? :shock:

Weather was kinda wet when I was driving to work, did it turn out alright for the picnic?? How'd it all go?

Edit for spelling.