• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC picnic in Spokane - 8/4

DEROS72

BTT wth an update.

So far it looks like:

sirtirithon + 3 ....... Soda and Potato Salad (+cooler and ice)

Orphan + 1 ......... dogs, burgers and buns

Bob R + 1 ...... Chips and watermelon (+ a couple of coolers), WA Gun Rights pamphlets.

SnarlyWino + 6 ... Salad and Dihydrogen Monoxide (H2O) and BBQ pit

JSlack + 1 ........... Coolers

Fetch (we will keep the burgers warm for you)

Dave the Welder (be nice to see you up here)

fastfish600

Bennie1986 + 2

Lammo

jeangordon + 1

Coming over from SGT (spokaneguntrader), a group of great people.

bladebum ......... veggie tray

Masonryman

greatnw + 3 ...... paper plates and plastic ware

RLHas

Gun Crazy Dad + 5 (?)

If I have left anyone out, or there are changes, please post so we can keep an accurate headcount going.

It looks like we still need condiments, perhaps stuff (lettuce, tomato, onion) for the burgers, relish for the dogs. Use you imagination, whatever you would probably like at a picnic is what others would like also.

Up to 33 so far. That is fairly impressive for one of these things, and in the middle of the week to boot!

bob

There will be myself and a couple others coming over from this side (seattle Area) .My Safeway store donated about 300 sodas and 60 2litres today so I will supply the pop.So when i get there I'll throw out the quilt trip and say we came all the way over for this one in the middle of the week .I don't see why all can't come to our big Willow Lake meet Aug 15th......Anyway looking forward to it.This is important....

I have to add though we got some looks.As most of you know I have over the last couple of years built a good relationship with these guys and other businesses in the area.So Gogodawgs pics me up afetr five and we go ove to safeway.I punch in the door code for the managers office and tell them I 'm here to pick up the sodas.(they had told me earlier that they had saved them for us) So the manager said you know where its at get it yourself.To customers ,they see 2 armed guys going in the back storeroom area and pushing out carts full of stuff to the car.....I noticed it drew a couple of raised eyebrows.Although most regular customers know me...

Last edited:

fetch

DEROS, It will be good to meet you. This is the first OC picnic for Spokane and so far it sounds like a good one. Don't know how it will turn out, but like I have written, It could be interesting. I won't be able to make it on the 15th but, I will be on the west side over Labor Day weekend.

DEROS72

I am really looking forward to meeting some of you folks from the dry side...It will be a good day!

Orpan and myself on the capital steps during the so called assault weapons ban hearings...We took them down a notch but rest assured they will try again.Thats why these things are so important...

Last edited:

dwordinger

I plan to be there, but closer to 5PM then 4PM. I'll bring pickles, onions, and maybe some other toppings.

tobyjones

Any reason this wouldn't be a family friendly event? I am a long time lurker and just signed up to post on this topic. My kids (6&3) love the playground that is close to the shelter. I would love to show them good examples of how (other) adults can have guns in public.

BobR

This is definately a family event. We already have several people bringing their wives, kids, friends.

Please come, you are more than welcome to bring the kids.

bob

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Welcome!

And yes what we do is all about family, protecting our families and showing the world that open carry is about being regular people going about thier normal daily lives.

Any reason this wouldn't be a family friendly event? I am a long time lurker and just signed up to post on this topic. My kids (6&3) love the playground that is close to the shelter. I would love to show them good examples of how (other) adults can have guns in public.

bennie1986

My 3 year old son loves the playground there as well and will most likley be attending with me.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Wondering about if this becomes an issue and there are people arrested (I pray they are not) but conflict arises and many have their children there with them, how do you handle that to protect the child?

Does one comply and just leave or stand your ground with a possibility of going to jail?

I fully support introducing our children to family influenced events with those that support the 2nd Amendment but a higher priority for me is that the children do not come into any undue conflict or have to stop short in the fight to maintain our rights.

fetch

bigdave, I don't foresee the cops calling the paddy wagon and start hauling people off. I can see the cops calling for backup and a ticket writing frenzy, $500 for each infraction, cheaper than hauling us all in. Maybe I should make a personal invite for the police training officer to attend and she can tell the cops we are well with in our rights.
Meanwhile with all of the Spokane police dept. at Manito park, there will be looting and riots downtown, B & E's in all neighborhoods, car jackings, etc. and don't forget red light runners (dam scofflaws!). Yes, I am being sarcastic.
Like I have written, it could be interesting.

DEROS72

Spokane Picnic Press release

This will be going out today to all local media on this side..

Press release 7/29/10
James Beal
702-348-3194
Burtb71@yahoo.com

Armed citizens to gather at Spokane Park
This gun ban in city parks violates state preemption RCW 941.290 as indicated in Washington state attorney general Rob McKenna’s opinion dated Oct. 13 2008 AGO 2008#8.The city in its arrogance thinks it can usurp the rights of law abiding citizens to bear arms for their personal protection given to us in the constitution of the United States and the state of Washington. We all know these bans never work!
The plan is to celebrate our victory in the Seattle Parks gun ban debate along with the McDonald decision etc.
Manito Park in Spokane on Grand Ave.;
Wed.Aug 4th from 4 to 8PM
Representatives from Open Carry, Citizens for the 2nd Amendment, and gun owners from all over will be in attendance. There will be an Open carry information table for those that want to find out about Washington gun laws. Participants will be armed. Without guns the people are subjects, with guns they are citizens. We are the citizens!

“…all power is inherent in the people..It is their right and duty to be at all times armed.”
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
DEROS72 I just hope the City Parks do not revoke the permit or reservation to hold the event, if they get wind of this.

Last edited:

Tomas

This will be going out today to all local media on this side..

Press release 7/29/10
James Beal
702-348-3194
Burtb71@yahoo.com

Armed citizens to gather at Spokane Park​
This gun ban in city parks violates state preemption RCW 41.290 as indicated in Wa.state attorney general Rob McKenna’s opinion dated Oct. 13 2008.AGO 2008#8.The city in its arrogance thinks it can usurp the rights of law abiding citizens to bear arms for their personal protection given to us in the constitution of the United States and the state of Wa..We all know these bans never work!
The plan is to celebrate our victory in the Seattle Parks gun ban debate along with the McDonald decision etc.
Manito Park in Spokane on Grand Ave.;
Wed.Aug 4th from 4 to 8PM​
Representives from Open Carry, Citizens for the 2nd Amendment, and gun owners from all over will be in attendance. There will be an Open carry information table for those that want to find out about Wa.gun laws .Attendees will be armed. Without guns the people are subjects, with guns they are citizens. We are the citizens!

“…all power is inherent in the people..It is their right and duty to be at all times armed.(close quote)
Thomas Jefferson

Er, check for typos first... (See highlights.) :lol:

DEROS72

They already have wind of this. Channel 6 out there already said they will be there.As far as typo's I do the best I can and have done these for several years now and I usually get news at these events.Many of the reporters gave me their cell numbers and have told me to call them when we have something going on.They always seem to look for me at these things.I have built a good repoir with some of these guys over the last couple of years.Some of the guys alway throw me in front of the camera when they show up.
When news show up they will be looking for confrontations .So we will be at our best.If police says cover up we will under polite protest and see them in court....Media will always look for a way to make us look bad so we can't give it to them.

I'll fix it Dave. It'll be more gooder .I haven't sent it to everyone yet.Some of the reporters here I called on the phone.....

Last edited:

DEROS72

Press release 7/29/10
James Beal
702-348-3194
Burtb71@yahoo.com

Armed citizens to gather at Spokane Park
This gun ban in city parks violates state preemption RCW 941.290 as indicated in Washington state attorney general Rob McKenna’s opinion dated Oct. 13 2008 AGO 2008#8.The city in its arrogance thinks it can usurp the rights of law abiding citizens to bear arms for their personal protection given to us in the constitution of the United States and the state of Washington. We all know these bans never work!
Manito Park in Spokane on Grand Ave.
Wed.Aug 4th from 4 to 8PM
Representatives from Open Carry, Citizens for the 2nd Amendment, and gun owners from all over will be in attendance. There will be an Open carry information table for those that want to find out about Washington gun laws. Participants will be armed. Without guns the people are subjects, with guns they are citizens. We are the citizens!

“…all power is inherent in the people..It is their right and duty to be at all times armed.”
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited: