• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Off Topic Loud radio laws?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Bailenforcer wrote:
I moved almost 400 miles north of Detroit literally in the middle of no where and we have these morons up here with their Ghetto 5000 watt stereo's driving around at 3 AM deliberately trying to pi$$ people off. Why do I say deliberately? When the moron who has absolutely NO reason to be on our road drives by 6 times in ten minutes, you know he's being a jackass. Calling the Sheriff does NO good because it takes them 45 minutes to show up. These imbeciles think it's really funny waking people up and I actually heard one of these morons brag about it, as if being a complete carrot was something to be proud of.

Now before my solution I will preface it with a little history. My first occupation is a sound, voice and data engineer. I have worked at many concert venues and have seen no less than a hundred concerts from Ozzy to you name it, due to my work. My bail work started as a holder of a Michigan State licensed private Investigator and owner of a security and investigations company. But my first love and profession is sound. So I get the enjoyment of loud music. What I don't get is the utter rudeness and stupidity of people who think everyone else needs to suffer their pathetic taste in music, or noise. There's is nothing more annoying than to wake up at 2 or 3AM to BOOM BOOM BOOM! in front of my home. Maybe he's lucky I am not one to have Vietnam flashbacks.. :lol:

There obviously needs to be some kind of common sense law, or a whole neighborhood confrontation with these morons. Sadly here I am the neighborhood here so it would only be myself confronting the jackasses. What makes it worse is I have a serious sleep disorder and I rarely get over 3 hours of sleep on average, and to have that robbed from me makes me see red.

I hate stupid..
I guess my 80% hearing loss is where I have one of very few advantages over mostpeople. I know, it still doesn't make it right.

Bailenforcer

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Bailenforcer wrote:
I moved almost 400 miles north of Detroit literally in the middle of no where and we have these morons up here with their Ghetto 5000 watt stereo's driving around at 3 AM deliberately trying to pi$$ people off. Why do I say deliberately? When the moron who has absolutely NO reason to be on our road drives by 6 times in ten minutes, you know he's being a jackass. Calling the Sheriff does NO good because it takes them 45 minutes to show up. These imbeciles think it's really funny waking people up and I actually heard one of these morons brag about it, as if being a complete carrot was something to be proud of.

Now before my solution I will preface it with a little history. My first occupation is a sound, voice and data engineer. I have worked at many concert venues and have seen no less than a hundred concerts from Ozzy to you name it, due to my work. My bail work started as a holder of a Michigan State licensed private Investigator and owner of a security and investigations company. But my first love and profession is sound. So I get the enjoyment of loud music. What I don't get is the utter rudeness and stupidity of people who think everyone else needs to suffer their pathetic taste in music, or noise. There's is nothing more annoying than to wake up at 2 or 3AM to BOOM BOOM BOOM! in front of my home. Maybe he's lucky I am not one to have Vietnam flashbacks.. :lol:

There obviously needs to be some kind of common sense law, or a whole neighborhood confrontation with these morons. Sadly here I am the neighborhood here so it would only be myself confronting the jackasses. What makes it worse is I have a serious sleep disorder and I rarely get over 3 hours of sleep on average, and to have that robbed from me makes me see red.

I hate stupid..
I guess my 80% hearing loss is where I have one of very few advantages over mostpeople. I know, it still doesn't make it right.
According to the hearing tests I have 88% hearing loss in my left ear and 64% in my right ear and these morons still wake me up. So imagine just how loud it must be.

What ever happened to good manners, civility, and common sense?

7th District

imported post

Bailenforcer wrote:
Sadly some people are not taught these traits while growing up. We still respond to loud noise complaints as a courtesy, and while their is nothing legally we can do (outside of a city or township with a specific noise ordinance), we attempt to appeal to concept of being a good neighbor to all. Fortunately most people comply with that request. For those who don't we suggest that the complainant document the disturbance, by video with sound, and either contact their township board or seek civil damages through court. To my knowledge I know of no one following through with the latter route.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Publicly accuse your PD of abuse of discretion.

Document your calls complaining of the nuisance and ask why it is tolerated and who is benefiting.

Build a high powered electrical interference noise maker. In HS I ran a kiloWatt Tesla coil broadband RF noise source. That'll get the 'authorities' involved. You may get an FCC ticket but unlicensed it'll be worth it to have the boom-cars silenced.

ETA: Nothing that can be done about a public nuisance? What if it was rats or running sewer? Because you tolerate it doesn't make it tolerable. The law abides only the law abiding.

taxwhat

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:

Document your calls complaining of the nuisance and ask why it is tolerated and who is benefiting.

Build a high powered electrical interference noise maker. In HS I ran a kilowatt Tesla coil broadband RF noise source. That'll get the 'authorities' involved. You may get an FCC ticket but unlicensed it'll be worth it to have the boom-cars silenced.

ETA: Nothing that can be done about a public nuisance? What if it was rats or running sewer? Because you tolerate it doesn't make it tolerable. The law abides only the law abiding.
What a Crock ! Taking law into your hands .Vigilante watanabe . Break one law is OK if it suits YOU ? TWO wrongs make it RIGHT ?

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

taxwhat wrote:

Build a high powered electrical interference noise maker. In HS I ran a kilowatt Tesla coil broadband RF noise source. That'll get the 'authorities' involved. You may get an FCC ticket but unlicensed it'll be worth it to have the boom-cars silenced.

What a Crock ! Taking law into your hands .Vigilante watanabe . Break one law is OK if it suits YOU ? TWO wrongs make it RIGHT ?
"Bailenforcer wrote:
Sadly some people are not taught these traits while growing up. We still respond to loud noise complaints as a courtesy, and while their is nothing legally we can do (outside of a city or township with a specific noise ordinance), we attempt to appeal to concept of being a good neighbor to all. Fortunately most people comply with that request. For those who don't we suggest that the complainant document the disturbance, by video with sound, and either contact their township board or seek civil damages through court. To my knowledge I know of no one following through with the latter route."

If they are not breaking any law why would someone making a home made noise interference device be breaking the law? Some times you have to fight fire with fire.springerdave.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

I went to the twp offices, and got a message on friday to call this guy down there on monday. He will research to see what can be done about this. If there are any criminal or civil charges that can be sought after, then within my financial means, I will be doing so. Hopefully I can help to establish a standard, then circulate it to the police so thay can handle this problem everywhere, on a regular basis.

If no criminal charges can be brought, then I will ba in contact with the legislature, asking them to propose a simply worded law regarding when and where this activity would be punishable as a misdemeanor. I will at that time, ask the legislature to include a provision for confiscation of the stereo for repeat offenders, in order to prevent any possibility of the offenders using the ticket or charge for "bragging rights".

Radioman

imported post

springerdave wrote:
taxwhat wrote:

"Bailenforcer wrote:

If they are not breaking any law why would someone making a home made noise interference device be breaking the law? Some times you have to fight fire with fire.springerdave.
Quotes edited to cut out un-needed sections.

Hey SpringerDave

What was described for the "Homemade Noise Interference Device" is in fact an illegal device per FCC Regulation. I dont have the exact part in front of me but only certain sizes of tesla coil based RF emitters are legal and only for certain applications such as School lab instruction, certain manufacturing processes, etc. and only when properly licensed by the FCC. They are kinda like the BATFE, they strictly regulate the fun toys in their field.

As far as the fine being worth it as MDH says. I would greatly disagree. But then if you dont mind paying 6 to 10k to lose the boom boom cars for a few days until they rebuild. Then all the more power to you.

Radioman

steve

imported post

Most places have a 9pm weekday 10pm weekend sound ordinance, my radio has brought the boys in blue to me more than once, only to have them leave when they realize it was to early to do anything about it.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

Being as it is a trailer park, I don't think that traffic ordinances are enforceable.

Therefore, my solution for you is to buy a spike strip :lol:

steve

imported post

I should add I was into competition audio, I never broke sound ordinance.

I kept everything within the law, I'm not the 2am neighbor that needs his system smashed.. I was the 5pm neighbor.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
Being as it is a trailer park, I don't think that traffic ordinances are enforceable.

You would be correct about that, except the park has given the OCSD permission. You have to be mindful of the 15 mph speed limit, but Oakland County wont screw with you unless they need to, they know that 15 is BS too.

I wish the stop signs were yeild signs instead, and the speed limit was 30.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

I need some good advice!:uhoh:Read this and understand.

Ok, I have been in contact with the township offices, they called the OCSD, who called me. After a couple days, the Officer called me back. He's the same guy I spoke to after my legendary case, so he knows me a bit.

He found an ordinance, "Breach of Peace" its a misdemeanor, and I agreed to make a statement, so we could proceed. He said he would charge both offenders, ( two bass mobiles, ) .

Here is where things get interesting...

One day a freind was at my house while this guy arrived home, looked right at me, blasted his radio, and went in the house. Just to be an @$$. My freind said origionaly that he would go to court with me as a witness, because that was BS.

Later, my freind sees this guy with the bass mobile, and recognises him. My freind now refuses to testify against this punk, because he said he was afraid for his life, and for the safety of his family. Apparently this guy knows my freind from way back. My freind said this punk is stupid enough to call his boys, and try to shoot up the house, and my freinds parents house, or something similar.

There is no way, I am going to be intimidated out of going to court on this guy. I have sent an Email to the officer telling him about all this. I found this out this evening.

What do you all think would be the best thing to do?