• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry challenged

WARCHILD

imported post

Yes, handcuffs. I had assisted the guy I was working for make a felony arrest on his nephew and he used my handcuffs while waiting for the cops to get there. I had a little trouble getting my cuffs back from a Flint city officer. :uhoh: (don't know, maybe they were better than his?):p

WARCHILD

imported post

Not as a mall ninja, I can guarantee that. I don't "carry" them, I keep a pair in my truck just in case the need should arise that I do need them.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Ok. Just curious. ;)

I don't know how Michigan is on this subject, but in Illinois, unless yous job actually calls for it, most PD's frown at "civilians" having handcuffs. They treat you like you might be impersonating a cop.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
Ok. Just curious. ;)

I don't know how Michigan is on this subject, but in Illinois, unless yous job actually calls for it, most PD's frown at "civilians" having handcuffs. They treat you like you might be impersonating a cop.
I guess carryig a gun falls under that in Illinois too.

WARCHILD

imported post

most PD's frown at "civilians" having handcuffs. Yes, the cop made the mistake of telling me possession of any "restraining" device was illegal to have. I told him he was mistaken and please cite the law he was talking about. That's what took me so long to get my cuffs back, he had to check with his Sgt. before he would give them back to me.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Venator wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
Ok. Just curious. ;)

I guess carryig a gun falls under that in Illinois too.
Yeah, pretty much. We don't call it the People's Republic of Illinois for nothing. ;)