• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police Officer Fires Gun In Wal-Mart Parking Lot

Blk97F150

Peter, thanks for posting.... although I didn't realize it was going to spread out the way that it did.

Back to the thread topic, unless there is more to this story that wasn't reported (quite likely), the actions this officer did seems to be outside of his departments 'Use of Force' policy. I know.... shocking.... :eek:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Horry Clap, Batman! That's actually a well thought out and well written policy. As a former bureaucrat who spent a great portion of my employed lifetime writing, reviewing and investigating alleged violations of policy/procedure, let me just say I am impressed.

Now all we need to do is see if they will stick to the written word.

stay safe.

TFred

I think it is but most PD's treat it like a top secret.
It does appear the Officer violated the policy.

Great. Uh, which officer violated what policy? (link? Thread title?)

How many officers do you see mentioned in this thread and how many policies are posted?
My first thought as well, but then I figured it would be best to give the benefit of the doubt and assume she saw, and was replying to the portion of the thread that was by itself before it was merged together... which didn't include that information. :)

TFred

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
My first thought as well, but then I figured it would be best to give the benefit of the doubt and assume she saw, and was replying to the portion of the thread that was by itself before it was merged together... which didn't include that information. :)

TFred
Actually I should have quoted Proshooter, whom I was replying to. It's more gratifying to fuss though:lol:
Now...If we can get someone from the American Diabetes Society on here....I can really raise hell (Private blind photographer joke):uhoh: