• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shopping in Frankenmuth

MrsRuger45

imported post

BTW, since River Place is one of my fave places to shop, I have their # is my phone. I just called to ask them about tailgating in their parking lot & they don't open until 10am. I'll call again & let ya'll know what they say.

MrsRuger45

imported post

Ok, I talked to someone at River Place & we cannot grill there because of liability reasons. :? He suggested Heritage Park, which will be in use that day for Octoberfest.Memorial Park was another suggestion. I am to understand that Memorial Park is towards the north end of town, on Tuscola Rd. I had thought of this as a place to meet as well, but wemight have to drive back to go shopping, unless ya'll are up for a good amount of walking! (which is fine with us!) It's probably at least 1/2-3/4 mile back to Main St from the park. I vote for the park setting. Any one else have any ideas?

SQLtables

imported post

Ok, so, new plans. Let's meet at Memorial Park at noon, and have a picnic there. Then we can decide if we want to drive or walk downtown. I will scout the park out and try to find an ideal location within the park to picnic.

The problem is, I don't believe there is any cover at the park, so if it starts raining, we may have to regroup at mickey d's or something.

Thoughts?

ETA: Here is the approximate location of the park. As I said, I will try to find an exact location.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sad...730508&sspn=0.00622,0.006759&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=17

WARCHILD

imported post

I don't mean to be the bad guy here but................. I will have to pass on this one unless we could re-scedule. With the Lansing event popping up for the 23rd, I really can't afford that many miles in one weekend. Fixed income and all not to mention my best half may get a little upset if I tie up every weekend.:uhoh:Sorry, this is just my position, so I can't commit for this one, right now anyway.

SQLtables

imported post

Well, now that we have "set" plans, who plans on attending? If it's just a few of us, I'm still up for hanging out and shopping if you want, but we can make plans individually, via pm or something, rather than clutter the forum with private discussion.

ETA: I understand Warchild, it happens, and you need to keep the woman happy sometimes.

Tucker6900

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
Less than a week folks. Any update on interest in attending? Do we want to just call it off and reschedule for a later date, maybe a time that isn't during a festival?
While I wont be attending, I believea picnic during a festival is a GREAT idea! Imagine the positive attention OC will recieve during that time. Im sure it will have its shares of negative press, but that would all be squashed with a friendly gathering of OC folks.

merpho

imported post

I'll be there. I live about a mile from town right next to a park. However, there are no tables or chairs, although we could meet on my patio. BTW, Memorial Park does have a band shell where we could shelter, if necessary.

SQLtables

imported post

DrTodd wrote:
If you are going to meet in the park, and it has a bandshell, you may want to read this AG opinion. It may help you if the city PD tries to argue that the bandshell is an entertainment facility.

http://www.ag.state.mi.us/opinion/datafiles/2000s/op10195.htm

Well, how would that work anyway? as far as seating, there are literally 4 benches right up front, and then it's just a grass hill, no actual seating.....

But, I agree with mrsruger. Let's hold of on Frankenmuth until peoples schedules open up, and more can attend. Any objections?

warlockmatized

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
SNIP: Let's hold of on Frankenmuth until peoples schedules open up, and more can attend. Any objections?
I just think it is bad timing is all. Frankenmuth on the 21st, Lansing two days later. Some people may have to choose between the two. NO offense but i see Lansing as being more important.

DanM

imported post

There's no stopping any of you folks who still wish to meet up and OC in Frankenmuth. It just looks like we're not calling for a general "get-together" at this time, due to the travel and timing of other things for people not close to F'muth.

Any of you who wish to OC in F'muth at the day and time discussed, please feel free to go ahead and represent! Just as I OC here in Novi, Rochester Hills, and Auburn Hills almost daily, by myself, you don't need a big group or any group at all.

warlockmatized

imported post

DanM wrote:
There's no stopping any of you folks who still wish to meet up and OC in Frankenmuth. It just looks like we're not calling for a general "get-together" at this time, due to the travel and timing of other things for people not close to F'muth.

Any of you who wish to OC in F'muth at the day and time discussed, please feel free to go ahead and represent! Just as I OC here in Novi, Rochester Hills, and Auburn Hills almost daily, by myself, you don't need a big group or any group at all.
Very true.

SQLtables

imported post

DanM wrote:

This is what I said before. I'll probably be around.

warlockmatized

imported post

Bump

Christmas is right around the corner. It might be nice to get together and go out there and do some shopping/buy ornaments, decorations etc etc. I would like to resurrect this outing. If nothing else shop til we drop and then hit an eatery to OC.

Thoughts?

ETA: Thanks to ramblinfeaver for bringing this up on the way home from the island today.