• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shopping in Frankenmuth

SQLtables

imported post

Well, we have the event in Monroe this weekend, and the pit in Lapeer on the 8th. Does anybody want to plan on shopping/eating in Frankenmuth the weekend of the 15th?

ETA: Maybe the 22nd would be better if opening day is an issue for anyone.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
Well, we have the event in Monroe this weekend, and the pit in Lapeer on the 8th. Does anybody want to plan on shopping/eating in Frankenmuth the weekend of the 15th?

"Deer Widows" weekend. This may very well be an excellent time to shop Frankenmuth. :)

SQLtables

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
SQLtables wrote:

"Deer Widows" weekend.  This may very well be an excellent time to shop Frankenmuth. :)

I'll be here. I just don't want to exclude anybody who might be hunting if they could/would make it on the 22nd or 23rd.

LLynch

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
SQLtables wrote:

"Deer Widows" weekend. This may very well be an excellent time to shop Frankenmuth. :)

I'll be here. I just don't want to exclude anybody who might be hunting if they could/would make it on the 22nd or 23rd.

Id be interested to go. My wife and I both love going out to frankenmuth. I just want to know what weekend it would be the 15th or th 22nd. i never really opened carried before just a few times around the neighborhood. So it would be kinda interesting to oc with a few other people.

MrsRuger45

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
Ok, let's try to set a firm date.

Is Saturday the 15th good for everybody who would attend? I should be getting a check from my old job, and my first check from my new one, so it's a good time to shop;)
the 15th is good for us asfar as pay goestoo since our boss only pays us on the 1st & 15th of the month :banghead:, but ruger45 will be gone hunting & that will be the case for the rest of the weekends in November. :uhoh:

SQLtables

imported post

MrsRuger45 wrote:
SQLtables wrote:

Is Saturday the 15th good for everybody who would attend? I should be getting a check from my old job, and my first check from my new one, so it's a good time to shop;)
the 15th is good for us asfar as pay goestoo since our boss only pays us on the 1st & 15th of the month :banghead:, but ruger45 will be gone hunting & that will be the case for the rest of the weekends in November. :uhoh:
Then I guess it's just you from the Ruger family ;)

MrsRuger45

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
MrsRuger45 wrote:
SQLtables wrote:

I'll be armed with a gun & money, that is scary!! Maybe scary enough to get ruger45 out of the woods at a decent time!! Didja have a meet up time for this one? (that's my question of the day, BTW!)

SQLtables

imported post

MrsRuger45 wrote:
SQLtables wrote:
MrsRuger45 wrote:
SQLtables wrote:

I'll be armed with a gun & money, that is scary!! Maybe scary enough to get ruger45 out of the woods at a decent time!! Didja have a meet up time for this one? (that's my question of the day, BTW!)
well, why don't we try to make it around 11am? That way we can shop for a bit before lunch, and then decide when we're all hungry enough to stop running around.

ETA: I can't keep up with you tonight! You're posting like crazy.

MrsRuger45

imported post

Someone has to keep you on your toes!! You only have to put up with me for 25 more minutes.........then I'm outta work & have to rush to vote by 8pm.

SQLtables

imported post

LaVere wrote:
Then is it settled Nov 15. Where and what time?
I think we're pretty much settled on the 15th. I propose we meet around 11am in the back corner of the River Place parking Lot. There are lots on the South and the East side of the River Place, I'm thinking we should be able to find a spot in the South/East corner of the lot to the South.

Everybody who attends should probably get somebodys cell phone number, since this isn't exactly a stationary event. PM me and I'll give you my number if you plan on going, just in case you show up after we start walking we can meet up somewhere.

I want some comments on the time/location. So, do it up!

MrsRuger45

imported post

Meeting time/place sounds fine with me! Please PM me your cell # just in case though, cuz it looks like I'll be alone! I know ruger45 had it, but didn't save it. My only concern is that I want to watch SAS @ 3pm that day. Is there any where that we could sit & chat that has free wireless, set up our laptops & watch the show too? It is 4 hours later, but if we shop & have lunch, we could very well be out that long.

SQLtables

imported post

MrsRuger45 wrote:
Meeting time/place sounds fine with me! Please PM me your cell # just in case though, cuz it looks like I'll be alone! I know ruger45 had it, but didn't save it. My only concern is that I want to watch SAS @ 3pm that day. Is there any where that we could sit & chat that has free wireless, set up our laptops & watch the show too? It is 4 hours later, but if we shop & have lunch, we could very well be out that long.
As I told you at Meijer yesterday, I know Tiffany's has free wi-fi, but, while I don't think it would be a "bar", it's close enough that I don't really want to push it for our outing, there's no point in that. I know McDonald's has Wi-fi, but I'm pretty sure you have to pay to use it (it may only be a dollar or two, but still). I THINK Burger King has free wi-fi now. I'll check into BK, and see if they really do. I've never OCed in any BK, so maybe it'd be a good choice anyway.

warlockmatized

imported post

MrsRuger45 wrote:
I don't see many people signed up to go shopping!!

Come on, where is everyone?? :(
I will be doing SAS with Jerry that day. I am sure a lot of folks will be off hunting since it is opening day for gun season. It was my hope you guys would have chosen a diff date. It is what it is......IF at all possible it would be nice to get a live call/report from the street while you guys are OC'ing during the show.

Have fun and be safe.

DanM

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
...IF at all possible it would be nice to get a live call/report from the street while you guys are OC'ing during the show.
Good idea. How about, if the live call from F'muth is possible, the guys in F'muth ask if any strangers around them are willing to do a short interview with the radio program on their reactionto the folks OC'ing, andtheir opinion of OC?