• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Take It Easy All

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I'm saying you're a
image.php
debater. :D

Damn! The truth is, the thought of debating that guy scared me just a little bit. He doesn't even need badges to demonstrate his authority! :eek:

:p:lol:

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Damn! The truth is, the thought of debating that guy scared me just a little bit. He doesn't even need badges to demonstrate his authority! :eek:

:p:lol:

Y'all gotta go watch the movie again.

First, he was no federale. Hey was clearly lying to get Bogie to put down his gun and come out.

Second, he never said, "We don't need no steenkin' badges." He said, "We don't need no badges. We have no steenkin' badges." If you want to use the line, "We don't need no steenkin' badges," I think you have to fast-forward and create an avatar from the Blazing Saddles spoof on the Sierra Madre scene.

:p

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Y'all gotta go watch the movie again.

First, he was no federale. Hey was clearly lying to get Bogie to put down his gun and come out.

Second, he never said, "We don't need no steenkin' badges." He said, "We don't need no badges. We have no steenkin' badges." If you want to use the line, "We don't need no steenkin' badges," I think you have to fast-forward and create an avatar from the Blazing Saddles spoof on the Sierra Madre scene.

:p

In another life (or so it seems) I lived film for about half a decade.

I believe I can quote from memory:

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any steenkin' badges!"

...And, youtube confirms I can. ;)

I remember a fairly involved analysis of the progression of his phraseology, from uneducated, to less educated, to more educated. Although, I forget what the point of that analysis was. :lol:

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

Fairwell! Remember the conversations here as you continue through life. I hope you will one day see the light and convert ;) Seriously though, I wish you well

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I did. From the discussion skid and I were having. Now I shall move on from this little bit of stupidity from you. Take another shot. meh.

We had a discussion?

You posted something. I made a comment about it. I then, for lack of a better phrase, "moved on".

Using that criteria, I guess saying "Good morning" would constitute a debate over Globular Wormering.

stay safe.

PS - the only reason I know you said we had a discussion is because I was curious to see what could possibly have driven this thread to two pages. Good thing I'm not a cat, 'cause this curiosity thing seems to be pretty dangerous - never know what might turn up.

eye95

It was short, but I posted, you responded, I posted back, moving on from that bit of silliness.

Moving on from this discussion between you and me, this bit of silliness.

georg jetson

So, after much contemplation, I have decided to break loose from this forum.--the only forum that I am a member.

SNIP

I understand that it must've been "much contemplation". Arguing with yourself can be quit involved at your level of debate. However, in true BarettaFSLady style, I'm sure you'll be back. You're probably already disagreeing with yourself having left in the first place. :D

carolina guy

So, after much contemplation, I have decided to break loose from this forum.--the only forum that I am a member.

I used to own a business, and six years ago I closed-up shop. Recently, I reopened my business, and need to occupy my time with other activities.

This forum has been the sole forum hangout for me, since 2009-ish?; every Liberal forum I have ever been been a member--a pro-Firearm Liberal forum does not exist as far as I am aware, how weird would that be!--, well, I've been banned LOL; the acceptance of difference of opinion speaks volumes to this wonderful forum.

I hope that I didn't get too many people worked-up here. I have an almost bulletproof skin--you develop it when you're someone like me--, and have a tendency play a bit too rough from time to time.

May all of your wildest dreams come true. Seriously, take it easy ladies, and gentlemen.

Be well out there,

~Sara Mae

"The cost of liberty is less than the price of repression."
-- Quote by W.E.B. DuBois

(Wouldn't that suck if this quote wasn't accurate?)

Good luck with your ventures and continue to carry!!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I'll miss you, Sara Mae.

Too often lately, those with differing viewpoints are made to feel unwelcome. You're the second person I know of who's left in the past few weeks, pushed out by those who don't want to hear any opinions but their own.

Best of luck to you and your family.

Fallschirjmäger

I only want to know one thing;

marshaul..............Last Activity.....Today 01:54 PM
skidmark..............Last Activity.....Today 05:01 PM
carolina guy..........Last Activity.....Today 04:55 PM
JTHunter..............Last Activity.....Today 03:55 PM
Tess....................Last Activity.....Today 04:52 PM
EMNofSeattle........Last Activity.....Today 04:23 PM
ADobbs1989.........Last Activity.....Today 06:53 AM
SavageOne...........Last Activity.....Yesterday 05:55 PM
Citizen.................Last Activity.....Yesterday 09:36 PM
Beretta92FSLady...Last Activity.....[Not shown]

Why is one of those not like the others?
Privacy settings, connection method, operating system?

matt2636

Yeah she schooled you guys in debate on here. I ejoyed watching some of you cry cause she proved better points then most of you

eye95

I only want to know one thing;

marshaul..............Last Activity.....Today 01:54 PM
skidmark..............Last Activity.....Today 05:01 PM
carolina guy..........Last Activity.....Today 04:55 PM
JTHunter..............Last Activity.....Today 03:55 PM
Tess....................Last Activity.....Today 04:52 PM
EMNofSeattle........Last Activity.....Today 04:23 PM
ADobbs1989.........Last Activity.....Today 06:53 AM
SavageOne...........Last Activity.....Yesterday 05:55 PM
Citizen.................Last Activity.....Yesterday 09:36 PM
Beretta92FSLady...Last Activity.....[Not shown]

Why is one of those not like the others?
Privacy settings, connection method, operating system?

Interesting observation. Intriguing question.

stealthyeliminator

There is an "invisible mode"

I turned mine on

Not sure if it hides last activity, though

Look at you guys, creating conspiracy theories

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Well, this is inconvenient.

One of the liberals that defended tooth-and-nail that Obama is not a gun-grabber won't be here while we now deal with all of Obama's gun-grabbing.

Bummer.

March Hare

Good bye.

This post is where I started completely ignoring her words.

Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
I appreciate your acknowledgment that it's a mistake.

Don't try to sugar it up, the author either made a mistake or is a lying sack of sh*t.

My goal is to be inconsistent...i like to keep you guessing

From this thread: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?113435-Turning-Gun-Owners-Into-Felons

Sorry to see anyone leave, but stirring the pot just to stir isn't very productive.

-MH

Last edited:

eye95

Good bye.

This post is where I started completely ignoring her words.

From this thread: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?113435-Turning-Gun-Owners-Into-Felons

Sorry to see anyone leave, but stirring the pot just to stir isn't very productive.

-MH

Really? That recently? I started ignoring her crap years ago. Unfortunately, way too much of it was quoted by others. The only good that came from that was a validation that she desperately needed to be ignored by any rational poster!

I knew that someone would eventually make the "don't let the door" comment in response to the flounce and pout that the original post really is.

BTW, I don't doubt for a second that all of these posts are being read by a poster in invisible mode.

sharkey

I noticed something missing.

While others may deride you, you served a purpose. You brought out the true colors of many participants.

For that I thank you.

You will be missed.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I noticed something missing.

While others may deride you, you served a purpose. You brought out the true colors of many participants.

For that I thank you.

You will be missed.

She should not have left, but she did not bring out the true colors, anonymity does. It is the alcohol of the internet.

I can't say she was my favorite, but she did believe in what she posted. It just happened that she appeared very confused, and contradicted herself. She was not a hypocrite beating her chest violently, and I appreciated that from her. Nor did she demand that others agree with her while chest thumping.