• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Toys R Us - NO FIREARMS

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I agree, and for me this includes the new "colored" handguns being offered by some companies as well. Anything that makes a firearm look like a toy is imho a poor idea.

What Ed said!

Realistic Toy Guns have been made since there were guns. It hasn't been an issue until Soccer Moms (Gender Nonspecific) who spend their lives with a can of Lysol in one hand and Dr. Spocks book on how to raise an idiot, in the other...came on the scene.

I just broke a forum rule in case you didn't notice. That was an insult!:mad:

TFred

What Ed said!

Realistic Toy Guns have been made since there were guns. It hasn't been an issue until Soccer Moms (Gender Nonspecific) who spend their lives with a can of Lysol in one hand and Dr. Spocks book on how to raise an idiot, in the other...came on the scene.

::tweet!!:: 10 yard penalty for "overly-broad-brushing".

Meleanie Hain was a soccer mom. Her voice and strong stance is sorely missed among the RKBA crowd.

TFred

OldCurlyWolf

What Ed said!

Dr Spock should be dug up and hung for what his books did to the children of this country while they were still thought to be valid.

History tells us that he practiced a quite different type of discipline with his own children. Hypocrite!!!!:cuss:

:mad:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
::tweet!!:: 10 yard penalty for "overly-broad-brushing".

Meleanie Hain was a soccer mom. Her voice and strong stance is sorely missed among the RKBA crowd.

TFred

I have to have a few shortcuts TFred. Descriptions could take pages otherwise.

Actually, I just finished using that exact description in Bass Pro where dogs can't see Santa this year because (That Description of person) had a kid named Bumbleass Jr and he has allergies.

I guess I could change Soccermom to "Skippy, Muffin and Bumbleass Jr".:lol:

TFred

I have to have a few shortcuts TFred. Descriptions could take pages otherwise.

Actually, I just finished using that exact description in Bass Pro where dogs can't see Santa this year because (That Description of person) had a kid named Bumbleass Jr and he has allergies.

I guess I could change Soccermom to "Skippy, Muffin and Bumbleass Jr".:lol:
And you know I'm half-way teasing you as well... I do have to admit though, every time I hear the phrase "soccer mom" my thoughts go back to Meleanie, and I am reminded again of her courage. She was one of the better soccer moms around, and we could all take a lesson from her.

TFred

Average Dad

What Ed said!

Sure toy guns have been around since guns were invented. Little Billy wanted to imitate his dad, who was there to show him how to properly use a firearm. If Billy did get itchin for some gunplay, and pointed his carved wooden six shooter at the local marshall, the LEO was more likely to grab his chest and holler "You got me Billy!" as he fell to his knees. Laughs all around.

Nowadays there's a lot of Dads who aren't around. Their kids are learning about firearms from video games and movies, or worse criminals. They are pointing them at LEO's, and store clerks who can no longer obviously tell they are not real, and are forced to respond as if they are. Who among us can tell for sure if it's a real glock or just the really accurate reproduction BB Gun being pointed our way in a dark parking lot?

I'm not saying to ban all toy guns....I'm just not a fan of them looking too realistic. The orange muzzle on my Mattell M-16 never ruined a day of "backyard combat" for me and my friends.

BTW... I like Soccer Mom's:D......Lysol Stinks:eek:
and The Dr was an id10t. :banghead:

2a4all

The Mrs & I just got back from the Toys-R-Us store next to Patrick Henry Mall in Newport News, VA. Here's what greeted us as we entered.

Toys-R-Us 20101130.jpg

Last edited:

2a4all

After returning from Toys-R-Us, we watched the "Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer" special on TV, and true to form, Yukon still OCs his Big Assed Revolver. :banana: Unlike the figurines sold at Toys-R-Us.:banghead:

Mr H

After returning from Toys-R-Us, we watched the "Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer" special on TV, and true to form, Yukon still OCs his Big Assed Revolver. :banana: Unlike the figurines sold at Toys-R-Us.:banghead:

It's a Honkin' Big-Assed Revolver (HBAR). Those are cool.

;-))

Besides... Isn't the North Pole really North Alaska?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
It's a Honkin' Big-Assed Revolver (HBAR). Those are cool.

;-))

Besides... Isn't the North Pole really North Alaska?

I believe it's a BFR in 45/70. Yukon has good taste and as we all know....

Big Guns Save Lives

palerider116

Now if he would just carry a Glock 20 in 10 millimeter, we can have ourselves a very merry polymer Christmas. :lol:

Packin'

Babies r us

Baby on the way. We recently registered for thousands of dollars worth of items. Now, I want to un-register everything, but wife thinks I am crazy. Same baby crap at wal-mart and target. Please help. I do not wish to support the babies-r-us store with the current policy.

Packin'

No cops in Toys-R-Us

http://mp-pistol.com/boards/index.php?/topic/27725-toys-r-us-and-their-new-no-firearms-policy/

Uniformed officer told he could not carry in Toys-R-Us. They told him the policy applied to everyone. Officers in the discharge of their duties are exempt from certain gun restrictions, even on private property; but officers (even in uniform) that are not in the discharge of their duties must play by the same rules. While I do not sympathize with the officer for being treated as a "normal" person, the policy makes so little sense that it actually invites criminals into their gun-free-zone to commit easy crimes. Yes, police are discouraged from shopping at the stores.

Packin'

A letter posted on LongIslandFirearmsForum.com:

This was a response to an email sent to Toys“R”Us about "No guns" policy posted at their stores.

Response (Richard Latner) - 09/10/2010 02:11 PM
Dear Mr. McDonald,

I have included a copy of the Corporate Policy Regarding Firearms in Stores:

General Company Policy on Firearms

• At Toys“R”Us, Inc., the safety and security of our customers and our employees is, and always has been, our highest priority.

• As a retailer that welcomes millions of kids and families into our stores across the country each year, we take our responsibility to create only the safest shopping environment very seriously.

• While we respect citizens’ rights to carry firearms in public areas according to certain state laws, our company policy prohibits customers from doing so in any of our stores out of an abundance of caution for the safety and protection of the children and families shopping with us.

• We make our customers aware of this policy by posting signs at the front of each of our Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us stores nationwide.

• It is also our policy not to sell any toy gun that could be mistaken for a real gun. Toys“R”Us was the first retailer in the U.S. to adopt this policy, which was established in 1994.

I hope this answers your questions for you and you continue to shop with Toys "R" Us. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Rich Latner
Corporate Guest Relations

user

Accomplished Advocate
Well, put me on the list of people to call for the wrongful death suits against the store when some crazy person shows up because of their no-gun-crime-zone policy and starts shooting up shoppers, "like fish in a barrel". Their written policy stating, "At Toys'R'Us, Inc., the safety and security of our customers and our employees is, and always has been, our highest priority." is going to bite'em in the arse unless they've got some way to actually protect all their shoppers.

Packin' - mind forwarding a copy of that email to me? Address is in the profile and on my website. That is the best example yet of a written corporate policy that illustrates liability as the result of the deprivation of the customers' right to defend themselves.