• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unlawfully detained at Southcenter mall

FMCDH

imported post

PolskiG wrote:
joeroket wrote:
They actually issued you a trespass notice?

Yes, but I refused to sign it though they did take a picture of me...
Signing it is just a formality really, all that's required is that they notify you verbally. The picture is just so they can identify you in the future if you are caught again. These malls have so many trespass pictures that they don't bother to check them regularly or do face checks.

You will be forgotten about in a few weeks, and as long as you don't do something to draw attention to yourself after that, you should be fine. Some malls are installing facial recognition systems, but I cant confirm or deny yet if Southcenter is one of them. I know they have a CC system in most of the department stores as well as the mall proper itself, but thats just to catch a crime on video for use in court.

I wouldn't personally suggest breaking the trespass however as you wont like the consequences. Especially if you get caught with a gun the second time.

Why you open carried so soon after all this is a bit beyond me. You HAD to have known what was coming with everyone on edge. Yes, I know it does not make any sense that they kick out the bad guys, but at this point it is all about PR control and making it "appear" they are at least trying to do something. (rolls eyes) For the business owners, it all comes down to liability and insurance costs in the end.

Edited for clarity and grammar....

PolskiG

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
PolskiG wrote:
joeroket wrote:
They actually issued you a trespass notice?

Yes, but I refused to sign it though they did take a picture of me...
Signing it is just a formality really, all that's required is that they notify you verbally. The picture is just so they can identify you in the future if you are caught again. These malls have so many trespass pictures that they don't bother to check them regularly or do face checks.

You will be forgotten about in a few weeks, I wouldn't personally suggest breaking the trespass however as you wont like the consequences. Especially if you get caught with a gun the second time.

Why you open carried so soon after all this is a bit beyond me. You HAD to have known what was coming with everyone on edge.
Edited for clarity and grammar....
I don't really know why I did it, maybe I was kind of bored plus I had to go to T-Mobile and I was in th area. After the security supervisor told me I wasn't allowed on mall property for a year I told him that if this is the way they treat patrons i won;t ever come back. I don't live in the area plus this was the first time I set foot there in 3 years. I'm not worried, this was all worth for me to see that Tukwila PD is finally up to speed, unless they already were and I didnt know.

Leatherneck

imported post

I CC'd at the mall yesterday. I made an effort to check and double check (even triple checked some spots) for any signage that says ANYTHING about firearms or dangerous anything, but found nothing.

May be time for another OC scout.

antispam540

imported post

Leatherneck wrote:
I CC'd at the mall yesterday. I made an effort to check and double check (even triple checked some spots) for any signage that says ANYTHING about firearms or dangerous anything, but found nothing.

Dude, this thread was TWO YEARS AGO. Please don't resurrect stuff like this.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

antispam540 wrote:
Leatherneck wrote:

Dude, this thread was TWO YEARS AGO. Please don't resurrect stuff like this.
Dude don't worry about it, if the owners of the site had issues with old post they would lock them.:shock:

antispam540

imported post

Not necessarily, but I suppose it doesn't matter. Go ahead and clutter up the top threads with 2 and 3-year-old topics all you want. As a matter of fact, maybe I should find the oldest threads on the board and post replies to them in order to make the public/forum owners aware of this issue. Would you be amenable to that?

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

antispam540 wrote:
Not necessarily, but I suppose it doesn't matter. Go ahead and clutter up the top threads with 2 and 3-year-old topics all you want. As a matter of fact, maybe I should find the oldest threads on the board and post replies to them in order to make the public/forum owners aware of this issue. Would you be amenable to that?
Even old topics have value and when a new member joins and post to have someone then ding them on it, oh come on, get over yourself.

Yes dig up all the old post you want as it is not a problem but a problem with you.

Instead of applauding him for his eagerness.

Batousaii

imported post

necro zombie thread revival... this proves two things....

1) Elvis lives

2) Micheal Jackson may still in fact be alive..

(all in jest of course)

Leather welcome to the forum, hope you learn as much here as i have, it is a wealth of info and many good peeps.

;)Bat

DaemonForce

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
Michael Jackson was at Southcenter today! His bodyguards were carrying a glock!
GG no RE. o_O

In any case, this thread leaves me disgusted. It's true that most police act horrible. Sure there are the few I report to every now that do their job, follow within the letter of their power andhave a pen and paper in their hands to take down notes but Jesus, the rest are ignorant selfish scum that have no idea what they're doing. The worst part is they've usually been around longer than the crew that does real actual work.

I have an idea. A very very simple idea. It works like this:
You're in a shop. You're confronted by the managementabout Open Carry. Ask the manager if the shop follows the law. If they say yes, there's no problem as what follows is a simple logic argument. If they say no, DON'T GO THERE! :X

A personalexception rules out women. I find that women hate guns. In which case should the situation deal with one, my argument is effectively screwed. :uhoh:

Machoduck

imported post

''Michael Jackson was at Southcenter today! His bodyguards were carrying a glock!''

Multiple bodyguards and a singular Glock? Did they pass it around among themselves? I can hear them now. ''Hey, it's my turn to hold the Glock!'' And so forth. :celebrate

MD

amzbrady

imported post

antispam540 wrote:
Not necessarily, but I suppose it doesn't matter. Go ahead and clutter up the top threads with 2 and 3-year-old topics all you want. As a matter of fact,
maybe I should find the oldest threads on the board
and post replies to them in order to make the public/forum owners aware of this issue. Would you be amenable to that?

Already done... I did it as a joke, and it backfired on me.Some guysstarted commenting on it and a new guy actually learned something from it.

FMCDH

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
antispam540 wrote:
Not necessarily, but I suppose it doesn't matter. Go ahead and clutter up the top threads with 2 and 3-year-old topics all you want. As a matter of fact,
maybe I should find the oldest threads on the board
and post replies to them in order to make the public/forum owners aware of this issue. Would you be amenable to that?

Already done... I did it as a joke, and it backfired on me.Some guysstarted commenting on it and a new guy actually learned something from it.
Yes! And let that be a lesson to you! :p

FMCDH

imported post

Batousaii wrote:
Machoduck wrote:
Multiple bodyguards and a singular Glock? Did they pass it around among themselves?
If it was a Glock .40(oz)then probably ... kinda like a bottle of Old-E or Mad Dog :lol:
Groan... :banghead:

antispam540

imported post

Laugh all you want at malt liquor, but it's cheaper than bread for the number of calories it has. I survived the last month of college on that stuff, an occasional cup of noodles, and vitamins.

Bear 45/70

imported post

antispam540 wrote:
Laugh all you want at malt liquor, but it's cheaper than bread for the number of calories it has. I survived the last month of college on that stuff, an occasional cup of noodles, and vitamins.
I'll bet your liver really appreciated that.
rolleyes.gif

Leatherneck

imported post

ANYwho...
I only brought it up because this mall is STILL on the do not patronize list and I have to be there on a somewhat regular basis. So I was bummed to see I shouldn't be going there. That's all.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Leatherneck wrote:
ANYwho...
I only brought it up because this mall is STILL on the do not patronize list and I have to be there on a somewhat regular basis. So I was bummed to see I shouldn't be going there. That's all.
If you have a desire to go to the mall, any mall most here would suggest you CC.