• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why didn't someone carrying in that Texas Wal-Mart interviene to stop that mass shooting?

Ghost1958

No, it did not. The gun-free mall was a neighboring property. There are no Walmart stores located in malls.
Might research that some more.

According to ABC News, El Paso law enforcement officials advise that, moments before his killing rampage, the shooter cased the Walmart “looking for Mexicans.” While that may be so, it is nevertheless true that, consistent with his “manifesto,” his recon was also calculated to make sure that he would be attacking in a low-security area. In that regard, the Walmart store had no armed security guard, no police presence, and was located in a shopping mall that was a self-proclaimed “gun-free zone.”

Yes it was located in a mall that was a gun free zone.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Might research that some more.

According to ABC News, El Paso law enforcement officials advise that, moments before his killing rampage, the shooter cased the Walmart “looking for Mexicans.” While that may be so, it is nevertheless true that, consistent with his “manifesto,” his recon was also calculated to make sure that he would be attacking in a low-security area. In that regard, the Walmart store had no armed security guard, no police presence, and was located in a shopping mall that was a self-proclaimed “gun-free zone.”

Yes it was located in a mall that was a gun free zone.
You know cops like to lie.
Watch the beginning of the video. Wal Mart is a stand alone store.

Ghost1958

You know cops like to lie.
Watch the beginning of the video. Wal Mart is a stand alone store.
I've searched and searched since this happened. I'm some manner the Wal-Mart was a GFZ. I don't know if it was some odd agreement on the lease or what.

But I have in-laws there. They say yes it's not an area where one can legally carry.

KBCraig

Living there and they say so. That's all that's nessacary.
Sorry, no. That's not enough to confirm that what they told you is actually true.

Do they know what is required to make it off limits for legal carry? Have they seen the legally required notices posted on that specific Walmart property?

Ghost1958

Sorry, no. That's not enough to confirm that what they told you is actually true.

Do they know what is required to make it off limits for legal carry? Have they seen the legally required notices posted on that specific Walmart property?
Sorry yes , that is enough to confirm it. Maybe not for you but to be brutally honest the fact your are in essence calling them liars, makes you irrelevant as to what you think of believe.
They live , there, they carry. They know.

Believe what you want. Don't bother me with it again though. Done with you on this subject.