• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Legislators expected to expand gun rights by spring

johnny amish

I'm still waiting for replies also. It really chaps my shorts to be ignored. I have stepped up the effort also and I will NOT back down until I get an answer. We hired these men and women and I'll be damned if they are going to get to brush me off like this. Seems as though they forget they work for us, we don't work for them.

M

McX

Wisconsin Legislators expected to expand gun rights by spring

hurry the hell up! the criminals arent waiting for spring!

Last edited:

Captain Nemo

Republican platform

The Wisconsin Republican political party has only 22 months to fulfill it's campaign promises. It knows full well that if it doesn't control of the legislature could swing back to the Democrats in 2012. Let's hope that schedule doesn't dictate it's common sense when it comes to firearm carry issues. We have already seen an example of political shenanigans at the ferderal level. The Republicans won significant victories at the polls on the promise to repeal Obamacare. Well the House passed a bill to do that but it was a safe vote because the republican controlled house was well aware that the bill has slim to none chance of succeeding in the Senate. It is a victory for the Republicans either way. If the repeal does pass the senate they win. If the repeal does not pass the Senate the republicans can go back to their constituents and say "Well' we tried. It's the Democrats fault". Let's hope the Wisconsin legislature doesn't play the same game with us on issues of gun rights.

paul@paul-fisher.com

The Wisconsin Republican political party has only 22 months to fulfill it's campaign promises. It knows full well that if it doesn't control of the legislature could swing back to the Democrats in 2012. Let's hope that schedule doesn't dictate it's common sense when it comes to firearm carry issues. We have already seen an example of political shenanigans at the ferderal level. The Republicans won significant victories at the polls on the promise to repeal Obamacare. Well the House passed a bill to do that but it was a safe vote because the republican controlled house was well aware that the bill has slim to none chance of succeeding in the Senate. It is a victory for the Republicans either way. If the repeal does pass the senate they win. If the repeal does not pass the Senate the republicans can go back to their constituents and say "Well' we tried. It's the Democrats fault". Let's hope the Wisconsin legislature doesn't play the same game with us on issues of gun rights.

Difference is that in WI the Republicans have both houses plus the governors office so the argument of 'we tried' would be laughable.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I called my represenative in the house today and I'm expecting a call back from him. I left a message with his aid about what I'd like to talk about and specifically that I'd like my rep to keep an eye on the LRB and possibly co-sponsor a bill

The aid asked if I had written a bill that he could look at...:confused: Maybe we should write a bill guys; like we want it, and give it to these guys.

protias

I called my represenative in the house today and I'm expecting a call back from him. I left a message with his aid about what I'd like to talk about and specifically that I'd like my rep to keep an eye on the LRB and possibly co-sponsor a bill

The aid asked if I had written a bill that he could look at...:confused: Maybe we should write a bill guys; like we want it, and give it to these guys.

Simply rescind the prohibitions. :D

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
This sounds like one of the best openings I've heard yet!

I called my representative in the house today and I'm expecting a call back from him. I left a message with his aid about what I'd like to talk about and specifically that I'd like my rep to keep an eye on the LRB and possibly co-sponsor a bill

This sounds like one of the best openings I've heard yet! :idea: A chance to get our toe in the door! Is our leadership working on this or is it too secret to share with the masses? :question:

If we had a model bill to blitz our representatives with, there would be no ambiguity about our goals. How about it? Does anybody know how to construct a new bill?

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
What an opportunity, I hope your rep. was serious.

It was a staffer for my rep but I hope he was serious just the same. Even if they are none too serious about it they will know I'm serious about it and if others get involved and this draft floats around to other reps they'll know WE are serious. After all, it takes more work to make a bill for them than to just call and tell them we want constitutional carry. I also hope that in bill form it will be concise an easy for them to understand.

johnny amish

It was a staffer for my rep but I hope he was serious just the same. Even if they are none too serious about it they will know I'm serious about it and if others get involved and this draft floats around to other reps they'll know WE are serious. After all, it takes more work to make a bill for them than to just call and tell them we want constitutional carry. I also hope that in bill form it will be concise an easy for them to understand.

It won't be to difficult once we have a final draft to get this in the hands most of the lawmakers in the state. They should know exactly what we have in mind when we speak of constitutional carry. Hats off to everyone.

paul@paul-fisher.com

It won't be to difficult once we have a final draft to get this in the hands most of the lawmakers in the state. They should know exactly what we have in mind when we speak of constitutional carry. Hats off to everyone.

Cool.. Everyone please read the post and make suggestions. Let's make a deadline that we have a final draft ready by Tuesday or Wednesday next week so we can ALL email them to our respective legislators. If we hit them all at once with a suggested bill, they can't (shouldn't) ignore us.