• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah "Permission Slip" Class by the Yellow Cat with the M-4

M

McX

Do I still have time to get into the class? Mcx, can you pull some strings for a friend? :D

i cant pull strings, but i can pull triggers (heh-heh); your in guy! You need a copy of the printed material and application?

Last edited:
M

McX

If you could, I would owe ya! Culvers? :D

10-4 guy, will get 3 extra copies complete printed off today, and have them at the Delevan StarBucks meet. if there are any brothers and sisters who are on layoff, and predominantly broke, PM me, and i'll take 2 under my wing, and cover the cost of the class, and a bit for gas for them, to help out. Cost of fingerprinting, and the state fee NOT included, but we'll get you there, and get you square, after that you got a year to file the papers anyway.

added on edit; read the local paper here this am. front page (no less), some security guy, in our area, pushing the Utah class; 'to prepare citizens for cc in wis. when it comes'. this guy got front page?! 'splains all the Utah class postings i've been seeing at the local gas stations i guess.

Last edited:

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
10-4 guy, will get 3 extra copies complete printed off today, and have them at the Delevan StarBucks meet. if there are any brothers and sisters who are on layoff, and predominantly broke, PM me, and i'll take 2 under my wing, and cover the cost of the class, and a bit for gas for them, to help out. Cost of fingerprinting, and the state fee NOT included, but we'll get you there, and get you square, after that you got a year to file the papers anyway.

added on edit; read the local paper here this am. front page (no less), some security guy, in our area, pushing the Utah class; 'to prepare citizens for cc in wis. when it comes'. this guy got front page?! 'splains all the Utah class postings i've been seeing at the local gas stations i guess.

http://www.journaltimes.com/news/local/article_ad8ce5b0-718b-11e0-8c6b-001cc4c03286.html

M

McX

i checked the weather for Sunday; they're saying a 30 percent chance of rain, zombies, or cheeseburgers. so i am bringing extra ammo, and napkins.

MKEgal

trying to get a tally

Going through the thread, this is who appears to be coming:
AaronS
Cobra469 +2 ----------> TV & 9mm
Have Gun +2
Left119 +2
McX +1 ----------------> snack coordinator (other people please contact him & chip in if you can)
MKEgal (audit)
Mlutz +1
? motofixxer
? OCmyXD
Outdoorsman
Paul +1
rcav8r
Russf ---------> dinner coordinator (PM him if you intend to do a group dinner)
xd40arff +2

If my math is correct, that's 25 students.

Remember Jim said you need to print or have an e-copy of the materials...
http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/documents/MTC01032011.pdf
The pdf there is 51 pages.

And he said you need to print & fill out the application:
http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/documents/ccwapp_009.pdf

Last edited:
M

McX

remember you will need a photo copy of your driver's license, for the application, and the actual I.D. for class indentity (proof).

Mlutz

remember you will need a photo copy of your driver's license, for the application, and the actual I.D. for class indentity (proof).
But that gets sent with your application, so you don't need it that day correct?

M

McX

i'm pretty sure you have to show your D.L. for proof of identity for the class.

it just dawned on me yesterday; if CC suddenly comes to be, and our Utah permits get recognized early, we could be out CC-ing before the Wis permits are even issued, or the applicants for the Wis permits are still standing in line, filling out the blue form, no, not the yellow form, please get the right form and get back in line.

Last edited:

jpm84092

The yellow cat with the M-4 is now in Wisconsin

I located the course info for this course. It is offered in West Allis for $150.00 and this guy is betting on the UT CFP being valid in WI and that is how he is advertising his course. My bet is that he will get many takers. (I hope he is right. I would love to carry concealed in WI the next time I return for a visit.)

I now have very limited internet access so I will see you on Sunday. (My wireless device puked on me.)

Jim

paul@paul-fisher.com

Let's be clear, these are the things you HAVE to bring to the class:

1. A filed out application form. http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/documents/ccwapp_009.pdf
2. Your state issued ID
3. Money for the course.
4. A physical or electronic copy of the course. http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/documents/MTC01032011.pdf

The rest, (photo, copy of ID, fingerprints, money for the application) only has to be included with the form being mailed back to UT within 12 months of the completion of the class.

That being said, this weekend is my birthday and my wife sprung a road trip on me. I am trying really hard to be back in time for class and it looks do-able.

It is a good road trip so other than possibly missing the Starbucks get together and the class, I am happy.

OCmyXD

+1 Possible, for the tally

I am trying to get things adjusted around this Sunday to be able to make it. I have also passed the info on to a few of my family members and they are doing the same. I know I will not be able to make the Meet & Greet in Delevan, but am hopeful I can make the class!

For those who already hold a FL permit - what else does Utah give you? From what I can see, it looks like it for sure adds the ability to carry in MN, along with the possibility of IL and WI depending on what legislation (reciprocity, etc...) is passed.

jpm84092

Urgent

Hi Everyone,

It is now apparent to me that I must ask everyone to bring along folding chairs, camp chairs, or the like. The class size is larger than the office I was going to use so we are going to move an aircraft and hold the class in the hanger itself.

Car Pool from the public parking lot (Park & Ride) in front of the Airport Fixed Base Operator. (McX is in charge of that task.) I am hoping that the 32 inch flat screen TV will be adequate for everyone to see. But, somehow, we are going to do this puppy.

Bring a pen to take notes if needed although the course is pretty self explanatory the way I conduct it.

Jim

MKEgal

new & improved tally

As of 07:15 on SUN01MAY, here's the list:
AaronS
Cobra469 +2 ----------> TV & 9mm
GlockRDH
Have Gun +2
Left119 +2
McX +1 ----------------> snack coordinator (other people please PM him & help out if you can)
MKEgal (audit)
Mlutz +1
? motofixxer
? OCmyXD
Outdoorsman
Paul +1
Russf
xd40arff +2

If my math is correct, that's 25 students.

Remember Jim said you need to print or have an e-copy of the materials...
http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/documents/MTC01032011.pdf
The pdf there is 51 pages.

And he said you need to print & fill out the application:
http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/documents/ccwapp_009.pdf

And bring ID.
& $.
And a chair. This is a wonderful problem to have! :lol:
But leave all ammo in your car.

Last edited:
M

McX

i'll have 2 coolers of soda, and multi-packs of chips for snacks, Rexcursion can hold 5 additional people, besides driver and passenger-front, and i may have one extra copy of the printed class material, if Aaron doesnt need it. i am also covering one unemployed 'brother's' cost of the class. I guess we'll all meet at the Delevan StarBucks event on Sunday, and convoy out from there!

Special thanks to MKE, and Russ for helping organize this sub-event!

Russf

I havent gotten any feedback on the dinner after our training from anyone. So it looks like Grist Mill is out He isnt able to open for us this time. Sorry Guys and Gals. Any other ideas? To short of a notice.

Last edited: