• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Harrassed by 4 sheriffs in STARBUCKS!

slowfiveoh

Don't know. I do know that no laws have been added because of my activities.

So how many have been added because of Leonards activities?

How many of those laws we are all complaining about have been passed due to the outrageous actions like those of Leonard? Right, wrong, or otherwise, that's how many restrictive laws come about.

Yet nothing he did is inherently wrong. Nothing whatsoever.

You place far too much stock into the ideology of "thought policing". The perception that a "right to respond" or even a "necessity to respond" exists before Terry is even warranted.

The Black Panthers walked into City Hall in Sacramento, once upon a time, leading to a ban on the carry of firearms in California.

Can you really answer what the Black Panthers did wrong to lead to this law?

How about "nothing". As citizens of this nation we reserve the right to address our government for grievances. What good is the teeth of liberty if they are not allowed to be borne?

If you want them gone, having some support from the majority of citizens in this country will make it far easier.

As we progress forward, the anti's have no choice but to observe reality. Most anti ideology is based on a framework of stressed sticks that comprise the summation of their reality. Once you start showing these independent beliefs to be wrong by themselves, the rest of the lattice begins to crumble.

Take a look at Paul Helmke and the rest of the Bradyites. Grasping for straws even now, after incorporation. Seeking to apply limits to the Constitution, instead of siding with that that is most free.

It never helps the case when individuals who purport to support the end goal of "Constitutional Carry", make a big deal out of a regular firearms owner doing regular things.

If you want to see the most compelling evidence to these changes you are attempting to point out, look at how many times, and how strongly, the anti's use the "I am a NRA member and gun owner too, but I think there is no need for assault weapons!" crap.

Exercise care with your words.

As one writer in Leonard's home town area stated, "Yes, all his activities were legal. But then again, it's legal to be an @$$hole.

World needs assholes. Sorry but it does.

To ban assholes is to ban the 1st Amendment.

Note: there are numerous related articles at this site.

Yet nothing Leonard did, caused the creation of any new laws.
Yet nothing Leonard did was truly of ANY concern.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP I just realized I was answering a series of queries from 'CITIZEN' who probably KNOWS ALL the specifics on the questions he was asking ALREADY.... so how did I do?

:)

It wasn't a set-up. I know very little about full-auto. Thanks for the info.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Wow, seems that city you live in likes to violate the law.

This was the City and County of Yakima in Washington State and well no it is not that they like to break the law.
Most if not all of these were before State Preemption and must stayed dormant on that books as many others cities and counties in the State, while some resist others do not.

I have really feel fortunate as once I presented the offending ordinances and supporting laws it just took reaching a council or commissioner member to take up the cause with me and off to the races.
This is not to say there was not a bump in the road as their was with the city when one of the City Attorney was spewing civil war and other countries bs but I was able to work through that.

slowfiveoh

Thanks for the links.

Now realize this was never about me. Nor did I ever imply it was.

The vast majority of degenerates libeling kwik, are those who are happy to conform, and have never lifted a finger in support of the 2nd Amendment.

Now, since you understand how these things must be steeped in facts and logic, how do you begin to justify your previous comment that kwiks wearing of a safety vest as mandated by the city of Bell Meade, was a portion of a purported "publicity stunt"?

Would you like to retract this comment, or do you feel it is worth trying to state that kwik should have not worn a safety vest in direct conflict with Bell Meade law.

Are all legal activities he engages in, especially when law calls for them, acts of "publicity"?

Tomas

What in Hell does the crap drug into this thread by slowfiveoh and kwikrnu have to do with Tom Brewster, four sheriff's deputies, and a Starbucks in Spanaway, WA?

If they want to talk about that extraneous stuff they should start their own thread about it instead of hihjacking and derailing a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with either of them.

People, people, please! Stop feeding the trolls, and report their disruptions. That's what that little triangular clicky-thingy on every one of their posts is for. You are the eyes of the moderators. They can't track everything, so they depend on you to flag bad behavior.
________

Sorry those 'hats decided to hijack your thread with their disruptions, Tom. If we are lucky, maybe their off-topic rants will be split off into their own thread - somewhere else, and everyone tricked into responding to the trolls' posts can follow them and respond there.

slowfiveoh

What in Hell does the crap drug into this thread by slowfiveoh and kwikrnu have to do with Tom Brewster, four sheriff's deputies, and a Starbucks in Spanaway, WA? etc.

That's the moral thing to do. Anytime you disagree with someone, label them as a troll.

You're a pro.

Guy, I have been posting in this forum for a while now, and have brought a ton of worthwhile conversation into this forum.

I am IMMENSELY IRRITATED at the treatment Tom Brewster received on behalf of the Sheriffs. I cannot express how upset this makes me, and the fact that I have already looked at my budget to determine what I can give him.

If you would stop with your bigoted crap, you would realize, that regardless of kwiks comments, other people were contributing to the derailment by simply libeling kwik, and immediately bringing his history into this, some of which, was completely improper and relayed incorrectly.

Kwiks earlier comments were interpreted to be "leo bashing". Now let me make it clear to you that I in general, think LEO have a very difficult job.

I do not however excuse them for exercising poor tactical response (Shooting a woodcarver who was even FACING YOU. Shooting a kid who was already detained and then saying "oops I thought it was my tazer" etc.)

There seems to be a fair bit of coddling going on here in regards to law enforcement, and the same commentary made by a guy claiming to be former Military police, has me up in arms a bit.

You're damn right there is a large difference between "The Thin Blue Line", and how situations like this are handled in the military.

This guy would already be eating bread and gravy in between digging rocks at Leavenworth, were the same facts to be held against him in Military tribunal.

Go ahead and tell yourself there isn't a problem here with LEA in general. While you're in fantasyland, tell the CareBears and Voltron I say, "Hi!".

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Thanks for the links.

Now realize this was never about me. Nor did I ever imply it was.

The vast majority of degenerates libeling kwik, are those who are happy to conform, and have never lifted a finger in support of the 2nd Amendment.

Now, since you understand how these things must be steeped in facts and logic, how do you begin to justify your previous comment that kwiks wearing of a safety vest as mandated by the city of Bell Meade, was a portion of a purported "publicity stunt"?

Would you like to retract this comment, or do you feel it is worth trying to state that kwik should have not worn a safety vest in direct conflict with Bell Meade law.

Are all legal activities he engages in, especially when law calls for them, acts of "publicity"?

It is and has always been an issue of how kwikrnu on how he goes about seeking change it is more like an ambulance chaser then an advocate.

slowfiveoh

It is and has always been an issue of how kwikrnu on how he goes about seeking change it is more like an ambulance chaser then an advocate.

It's a difference in how far one would go to make a change. One mans extreme is not anothers.

That is an extremely important truth.

maclean

For Law Enforcement generally the purchase must be by the Department or at least authorized by the specific department.

In Washington State, the purchase must be made by the Department - not generally, always.

kwikrnu

Banned

I didn't go out to seek change. I open carried because it was legal. As a result cops illegally confronted, assaulted, battered, detained, and arrested me. I don't accept that kind of treatment. I will take steps to ensure it doesn't happened to me again. Those steps include suing for money. Case law and money teaches these cops, not letter writing. If everyone refused to be victims we'd be a whole lot better off.

I hope something good comes from the OP's negative experience.

JoeSparky

Centurion
In Washington State, the purchase must be made by the Department - not generally, always.

My answers were not intended to be absolutely specific to WASHINGTON STATE but rather as a GENERALITY from my understanding after reviewing this topic for my own benefit as a UTAH resident.

I would welcome ANY corrections to my understanding on the topic, maybe we need our own topic on this!

K

kittyhawk63

Yeah, but you can throw that straight out the window if it involves the second amendment in addition to the fourth.

Amen to that. The ACLU has done irreparable harm to this nation, especially as it hits churches and the freedom of speech issues that they have exercised since the Pilgrims arrived. They are not interested in preserving our 2nd and 4th A rights. Their track record shows that.

amlevin

Amen to that. The ACLU has done irreparable harm to this nation, especially as it hits churches and the freedom of speech issues that they have exercised since the Pilgrims arrived. They are not interested in preserving our 2nd and 4th A rights. Their track record shows that.

The ACLU supports the "Rosie O'Donnell" theory of the 2nd Amendment, that it is only to allow "Militias" to have firearms. "Heller" is really p!$$!ing them off.

deanf

The ACLU supports the "Rosie O'Donnell" theory of the 2nd Amendment, that it is only to allow "Militias" to have firearms. "Heller" is really p!$$!ing them off.

But the Spanaway incident doesn't raise any 2nd Amendment questions . . . .

oneeyeross

But, since federal law says that every adult male 17-45 IS IN the militia, what does that do to their argument?