• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Task Force 16

1. T

Tennessee Patriot Published An Article I Wrote

The second issue of the Tennessee Patriot came out this month with an article I wrote concerning what I thought were the real fears of the anti-gunners regarding "The Return of the Old Wild West." The entire publication can be viewed in PDF format at www.tennesseepatriot.net (use the "quarterly...
  2. T

"How do you get away with that?"

imported post Last weekend I ran up to the McDonals at exit 143 on I-40 to get a bite to eat. Just as I was getting out of my truck to go in anotehr gentlman was walking to his car, which I had parked next to. He spotted my SA.45 revolver in it's cross draw holster on my belt and got a...
  3. T

NAGR?

imported post Does anyone know who this National Association of Gun Rights (NAGR)is? I'm wondering if they are legitimate. I signed up to recieve email notices from them. It seems that when they send out alerts, the news is weeks, sonetimes months old. Just got an alert tonight concerning the...
  4. T

Wal*Mart shooting - Commerce Texas

imported post There should be more to come out about this story that ocurred today. No details about the gunman in this report. http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local-beat/One-Dead-One-Injured-in-Walmart-Shooting-86760422.html
  5. T

Pilot Travel Center

imported post I had an interesting experience a few nights ago at the Pilot Travel Center off I-40 Exit 143. I've stopped in there quite a few times since I started carrying OC without any issues with anyone there. The other night I stopped in to grab a Dew and snack. I was carrying my SA.45LC...
  6. T

I got to educate a Deputy....

imported post Ran into one of our local sheriffs deputies last night andhad a friendly chit chat. He turned out to be very pro-2A and not at all concerned with OC. We talked guns and stuff quite a bit. Anyway, during the course of ourconversation itwas revealed that he didn't know that a HCP...
  7. T

Taurus PT25

imported post My bosses wife just bought herslf a Taurus PT25 semi-auto that is a top break . She was picking up a shotgun for a christmas present for some oneelse and the dealer had this little pistol that she liked. I've never seen one like this. Appears to be a DA only and the barrel rotates...
  8. T

Nashville Metro Re-considering Guns in Some City Parks

imported post Heard about this on 99.7wtn radio. Metro may be changing their parks gun rulings in some isolated metro parks. http://www.997wtn.com/News/NewsArticle/tabid/246/Default.aspx?contentId=5076091&featureGroupId=12324
  9. T

Rush Limbaugh comments about "gun control".

imported post Rush Limbaugh has a few words to say in regards to the anti's calling for more gun control, after the Ft Hood Shooting. http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_110909/content/01125113.guest.html
  10. T

No More Checks On Siezed Guns

imported post Snip style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"http://www.theunionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=No+more+checks+on+seized+firearms&articleId=e0d5f6f8-a962-4c05-83c2-c768a752928f
  11. T

Scope tech question

imported post I was looking at scopes for my M1 carbine. I noticed in the listing of techdescription a term I'm not familiar with. What is M.O.A. in regards to elevation/windage adjustment? Example: 1/4 M.O.A. @ 100 yards
  12. T

Recon mission for Montana members

imported post This is a strange story about an obscure company called "American Police Force" that has taken over a new never used jail facility located in Hardin, Montana. They also seem to have taken over the local police dept, that hasn't existed in 30 years. Something seems fishy about...
  13. T

AmTrak underfire from US Senate

imported post This is a rather biased anti-gun editorial concerning the Senates cutting of subsidies to Amtrak if the rail service doesn't start letting passengers transport fireams in checked luggage, like the air carriers do. 27 Democrats, 1 Independant voted with all 40 Republicans in favor...
  14. T

.45LC brass available

imported post I've got a little over 300 once fired .45 Long Colt casings if anyone needs brass for reloading. All are in the boxes they came in when loaded. I don't have the equipment or experience to reload myself.
  15. T

NY Mom Charged After Posing Kids with Guns

imported post What the keck is up with this? Does anyone in NY have more details about this? http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009/09/05/us/AP-US-Armed-Kids-Photographed.html?_r=1