• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cabela's NRA Mega Weekend

lil_freak_66

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
To date, there are no volunteers for Friday so maybe we should cancel Friday and focus on Sunday. Viperar15 will be there Sunday buttwo or three more volunteers to help him outwould be better. Saturday, IMO, is all set.

if i can hitch a ride froma lansing area member for sunday i can volunteer.

ill already be there sat. with venator,at least thats the current plan.

anetsprungen

Assyria Township, Barry County, Michigan, USA
imported post

Well, guys, its like this. I don't manage crowds very well. That's why I live alone, out in the country. Shoot, it was all I could do to just stay inside the church when my only child got married in 2007. And the reception, after fifteen minutes I was headin' down the highway.

But, I just made a reservation at the local Days Inn for Friday, so I will be taking the day off and driving over. As it is my first time in that area, I have no idea when I will arrive except to say it will be early afternoon.

After I check in and get something to eat, I will wander over to Cabela's and check it out. I have a friend who makes his trips a day-long family event.

If I can be of service at the MOC table, I will certainly do what I can. My biggest problem at such events is the noise & congestion, so I will bring along some ear plugs to tone it down. Even so, I can probably only put up with the congestion for a couple of hours at a time. Saturday, I will only be around in the morning and headin' back to Barry County around noon.

Meanwhile, I look forward to meeting as many members as I can throughout the event. C'ya.

Roy
:cool:

detroit_fan

imported post

I found this artice forspeaker times-

http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100318/NEWS01/703189961

I'm trying to decide when to go. Being form monroe I'd like to hear Bill Nichols and Bret Smith from Monroe post of the Michigan State Police, but I would laso like to go see Wayne speak. Either way i'll be there open carrying and hope to see some of you there.

lil_freak_66

imported post

the only problem with me getting up as early as i am on a saturday....isi can never get to sleep early!

6 hours to go...and i got at least another hour or 2 of life left in me tonight before i pass out,good thing i like coffee!

lil_freak_66

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
the only problem with me getting up as early as i am on a saturday....isi can never get to sleep early!

6 hours to go...and i got at least another hour or 2 of life left in me tonight before i pass out,good thing i like coffee!
4 cups later and im wide awake!

WARCHILD

imported post

Nice to see you all there. Handed out a lot of info and answered many more questions. Brian even drummed up a couple of dollars in sales for the 2A march.
Helluva drive but was worth the trip. My son Jeremy took this opportunity to OC for the first time. No issues other than looks and a lady at the checkout asking if he was off duty LEO.(go figure) He has 18 TATS up and down his arms...LEO....NOT!
All in all a good day. :celebrate

ETA: Sorry I missed you Jeff, guess you will have to come to my house for that free coffee. :p We waited as long as we could, had to get home for supper....baked ham, mashed taters, baby peas, biscuits, and double fudge chocolate cake....MMMMMM

cabman1

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Nice to see you all there. Handed out a lot of info and answered many more questions. Brian even drummed up a couple of dollars in sales for the 2A march.
Helluva drive but was worth the trip. My son Jeremy took this opportunity to OC for the first time. No issues other than looks and a lady at the checkout asking if he was off duty LEO.(go figure) He has 18 TATS up and down his arms...LEO....NOT!
All in all a good day. :celebrate

ETA: Sorry I missed you Jeff, guess you will have to come to my house for that free coffee. :p We waited as long as we could, had to get home for supper....baked ham, mashed taters, baby peas, biscuits, and double fudge chocolate cake....MMMMMM

how come I never get invited over for dinner sounded good gonna bring me some!!!!

detroit_fan

imported post

I was only there for a little while, but got to go to the Mike Cox and Wayne LaPierre speech. Seen quite a few open carry, I didn'teven notice any looks come my way.

autosurgeon

imported post

My Brother and I were working the MOC table most of the time from 9:45 AM till 8:30 PM

Handed out literally hundreds of trifolds and had 3 15 min mini seminars with groups of 10 to 15 people crowded around the table!

We also managed to sell a good deal of fundraising items for MOC.

It was a very positive day with hundreds of people learning about OC or fine tuning their knowledge!