• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Durand Railroad Days event.

autosurgeon

imported post

Frank Bernz wrote:
This is allconfusing since moc took over from the guy that was doing it. now nobody seems to know and he won't tell either.
Springerxdacp is the same guy that has always done this...

The problem is the people in charge of the railroad days not MOC.

And that is all I will say on here about this topic.

lil_freak_66

imported post

i wouldnt blame any one person,its a lack of communication and planning on both my part and MOC,ill take the majority of this because i set it up originally with the intent of it requirin little-no planning.

i sent a PM to jeff,expect to hear back soon.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
i wouldnt blame any one person,its a lack of communication and planning on both my part and MOC.

ill get ahold of jeff though.
Either way, I think the event will turn out ok. Yes, it would be nice to have a booth set up but it's not the end of the world if we don't. I do wish however that more folks would sign up to be there.

Frank Bernz

Banned
imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Frank Bernz wrote:
This is allconfusing since moc took over from the guy that was doing it. now nobody seems to know and he won't tell either.

No he isnot. It was the guy before him that had it going good. LIL Freak I think. He had better coordinated it before now.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Frank Bernz wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
Frank Bernz wrote:

No he isnot. It was the guy before him that had it going good. LIL Freak I think. He had better coordinated it before now.

Let me see if I can help relieve some of the confusion here.

If you look at the first page of this Durand Railroad Days event you will see that Lil_freak_66 is hosting/organizing this event. All I do as the MOC Events Coordinator is gather all the information from members who will be hosting/organizing an event and post the events over at MOC, Inc in the Calendar of Events sub-forum.

Frank Bernz

Banned
imported post

Here you say that lilltle freak is the one hosting/organizing the event

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Frank Bernz wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
Frank Bernz wrote:

If you look at the first page of this Durand Railroad Days event you will see that Lil_freak_66 is hosting/organizing this event. All I do as the MOC Events Coordinator is gather all the information from members who will be hosting/organizing an event and post the events over at MOC, Inc in the Calendar of Events sub-forum.

Then he does not know what is going on.

lil_freak_66 wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
any info on what the board wishes to do?
And this one says that springer xdacp is the guy that has always done this.

autosurgeon wrote:
Frank Bernz wrote:

It looks like moc took it away from lilltl freak and then it fell apart. How come he could not do it homself?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Frank Bernz wrote:
Here you say that lilltle freak is the one hosting/organizing the event
This is correct.

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Frank Bernz wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
Frank Bernz wrote:

Then he does not know what is going on.
What Lil_freak_66 is referring to is if this event will be sanctioned by MOC, Inc. that is all. If it's sanctioned by MOC, Inc. we will have a booth set up at/near the event to provide open carry information, handout brochures, etc. He was just wondering if I heard from the MOC Board about approval for this event to be sanctioned.
lil_freak_66 wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
any info on what the board wishes to do?
And this one says that springer xdacp is the guy that has always done this.
No, Autosurgeon was just letting you know that I'mthe MOC Events Coordinatornot the host/organizer of this event.
autosurgeon wrote:
Frank Bernz wrote:

It looks like moc took it away from lilltl freak and then it fell apart. How come he could not do it homself?
See my comments above.

lil_freak_66

imported post

to further clear it up,i am organizing,the confusion is to whether or not MOC will have a booth set up or not.

and as of this time,nobody from the board that i am aware of(sorry if i am forgetting someone) will be attending the event,to man up a booth.

it is being discussed in private about whether a booth will be setup,it will be finalized whether ther will be a booth or are not,by the end of the weekend.

if there is a booth,we would still need a few volunteers...

regardless of the presence of an MOC booth,at least one or two of us will be there with tri-folds passing them out to interested persons.

lil_freak_66

imported post

i know ill be there all day.

but an official meetup time and place...how is ironhorse 1pm? remember they sell alcohol,cpl will be required if you go inside.

table,there should be one there,i will confirm tommorow on who should have it and when they will arrive.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Frank Bernz wrote:
Stiil looks like no body knows nothing.
Frank, the last several pages have been discussion if there will be a MOC booth or not. Either way, we will still meet around 11:00 am Saturday, May 15th, downtown Durand. Most likely, the meeting place will be at/near the park.

autosurgeon

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Frank Bernz wrote:
Stiil looks like no body knows nothing.
Frank, the last several pages have been discussion if there will be a MOC booth or not. Either way, we will still meet around 11:00 am Saturday, May 15th, downtown Durand. Most likely, the meeting place will be at/near the park.
The Festival operators have stonewalled on the booth issue. However that in no way stops us from attending and OCing with info in our back pocket and educating folks!

lil_freak_66

imported post

jeff did get ahold of the vendor people,they are out of vendor spots for this year,but we are on track to sign up for next year if this year goes well.

i will call jeff later today and find out who is going to have the table.

**EDIT**

table will either be delivered by nate,to brian,for the event,or i will get ahold of cabman for his set,it will be finalized tomorrow on what will be happening.

saturday weather looks to be mid 60s and no rain!

lil_freak_66

imported post

warren was supposed to be better planned.

this was originally supposed to be just a simple "hey im gonna be here at this place and this time,who wants to hangout" type thing,and it is evolved into having a booth.

most of our planning problems with this event were due to the railroad days organizers(of the fair) not getting back to us in a timely fashion,causing a mis-communication and planning problems.