• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here comes the attack on OC we all predicted

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member

xd shooter

And someone exercising their First Amendment right needs training also...

How about we train people how to Vote? I like that one!! :)

markush

As long as there will be a bill, perhaps it could also require training for people who openly carry handguns. This is a hole in state law at the moment. Someone who hunts must have had hunter training.WRONG Someone who carries concealed will have to have had training. And that could be Hunters Safety which has nothing to do with CC...so let's just say...WRONG But someone carrying a handgun openly needs no training, and that should change. Strike three!!

kemo

How do you know that people who open carry have no training. Almost everyone that carries has some form of training. So if I shoot more than a thousand rounds a year and had freinds who are former firearms instructors taught me to shoot. Does that mean I'm not trained and i have been doing this for seven years. I know training is good, but not everyone is going to follow the training they get. Some of the people will do the training and will only fire there gun a couple of boxes of ammo and that is it. If that is what you think training is good luck. Training with a firearm is a lifetime commitment of safety and shooting.

oak1971

Some of us have been ringing the alarm on this for a long time. Where are all the naysayers now? Trust the DOJ, they say. :cuss:

M

McX

they forgot to add to the end of the article; this article has been brought to you by the communist party central committee. it just sticks in their craw that some wont take a permit. the person who wrote the article i bet has never even owned, or held a gun. sorry knob, the Open Carriers are already way, way, way out ahead of you, and we are better trained than damn near every other citizen who will be applying for their precious permit. we've been out there, living the dream for years now. jackasses!

Deek

wouldnt the fact that Article 1,sec.25 says we have right to keep and bear AND two Supreme Court decisions defined keep and bear to mean "have and hold
' pretty much put an end to such stupid logic? shouldnt be to hard to stop this stupidity in its tracks.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
wouldnt the fact that Article 1,sec.25 says we have right to keep and bear AND two Supreme Court decisions defined keep and bear to mean "have and hold
' pretty much put an end to such stupid logic? shouldnt be to hard to stop this stupidity in its tracks.
I don't think so. In the name of "public safety" we ended up with the GFSZA That was 1990, and its still here in 2011, 20 years later (yea SCOTUS kicked it in 1995, but congress reestablished it adding a few choice words). They will argue that for "public safety" training should be required. They will use our own "constitutional carry" arguments in reverse.

If you need training to carry concealed, and there is no difference between the two except your coat, then you need training for OC. MN requires training/permit for both and there is nothing the "training" lobby would like more.

No, I say we HOLD the RINO's who through "Constitutional Carry" under the bus accountable and vote them out as soon as possible.

jpm84092

Training the Founding Fathers

Did George Washington need a permit, with predetermined training requirements, to (open) carry a musket or black powder pistol as he served as Commanding General of the Constitutional Army?

Did Thomas Jefferson (same question)? - Same for all the members of the Constitutional Army of 1776? And, the same question applies to all Citizens of the newly formed United States of America from 1776 onward.

hermannr

I tried to post a comment, for some reason I couldn't log in...but what I was going to say...the State of Washington has never had any training requirement, OC or CC. How about check out the statistics for WA. How many CPL licensees get in trouble with the law? >1% v <10% in in the general population. The number of people with CPLs in WA, over 340,000. Lots of people don't bother because OC reqires no permission slip from the nanny state law,

How about gun related crime in Seattle V Milwaukee? (1:4). (approximately the same size)

Law abiding citizens are the ones that will know and take advantage of the new law for their own SD, the criminal element doesn't care what the law is, they will do what they do anyway.

Personally, I have OC and CC for over 40 years, still never had any legal problems with my carry, or otherwise.

Last edited: