• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ideas for winter MOC events

lil_freak_66

imported post

how bout we all make a cabelas trip sometime?

maybe try to organize a private screening of a movie @ a theatre for our group,that'd give us permission,them enough money to not whine about us OC'ing,and a nice political statement.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:

maybe try to organize a private screening of a movie @ a theatre for our group,that'd give us permission,them enough money to not whine about us OC'ing,and a nice political statement.
Cabelas is havinga NRA weekend feb. 5-7. Check out the site. SAM will have a table. We could have an OC gang meet there on Saturday???? If interested post as a seperate thread.

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

Venator wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:

Cabelas is havinga NRA weekend feb. 5-7. Check out the site. SAM will have a table. We could have an OC gang meet there on Saturday???? If interested post as a seperate thread.
This is a great idea. Hope we can get a few volunteers!

mikestilly

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Open Carry Movie night for CPL holders.

For everyone: Open Carry indoor driving range and mini-golf. They have an awesome place somewhere around Novi area I'll call my dad and find out which one and where if there is interest.

Open carry game night - board games, Wii, play station, Xbox, PC games, pool.

I'd also be up for open carry pool night but that usually would require a CPL in most places.

Anyone catch this one? :p

G

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
I have fallen thru the ice, Out there at Ackerson LK. I was walking around the edge of the lake and crack, Tell you wha that sucks shi^ right there. I was freezing my as$ off for a long time but, I was lucky enough to get out of there quick enough. I didn`t have any serious effects from it.
Hey that give's me an idea...
Open Carry swimming

SEALTraining_090408_002.jpg

EM87

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
mikestilly wrote:

For everyone: Open Carry indoor driving range and mini-golf. They have an awesome place somewhere around Novi area I'll call my dad and find out which one and where if there is interest.

I'd also be up for open carry pool night but that usually would require a CPL in most places.

Yep! Very good ideas!

G

imported post

mikesilly wrote:
mikesilly wrote:

wally1120

imported post

T Vance wrote:
How about an ice fishing event?
What about if we change the Game a Little bit? Drill out a Hole in the Ice, Stand over it with a Gun in Hand, and POP, POP. Hopefully the Fish would float to the hole.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
T Vance wrote:
What about if we change the Game a Little bit? Drill out a Hole in the Ice, Stand over it with a Gun in Hand, and POP, POP. Hopefully the Fish would float to the hole.
You're joking right???? In Michigan, it's illegal to catch fish with your bare hands so I can't imagine what would happen if you were caughtshooting them. :)

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

I want to see something with maximum 'political ground' grabbing capability...

Lunch is fine but lets, say, invite some police chiefs and city attorneys from problem areas... that sort of thing. sort of an 'educational picnic'... all LEOs with questions or uncertainties about Open Carry and preemption welcome and, in fact, invited. Perhaps we could do something similar with legislators.

Luncheons and bowling are good for desensitizing the public, which is important, but the legal ground would be more valuable methinks...

Venator

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:

Lunch is fine but lets, say, invite some police chiefs and city attorneys from problem areas... that sort of thing. sort of an 'educational picnic'... all LEOs with questions or uncertainties about Open Carry and preemption welcome and, in fact, invited. Perhaps we could do something similar with legislators.

Luncheons and bowling are good for desensitizing the public, which is important, but the legal ground would be more valuable methinks...
Been tried, but you can only lead a horse to water, you can't make them attend a lunch without a court order.:D

wally1120

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
wally1120 wrote:
T Vance wrote:
You're joking right???? In Michigan, it's illegal to catch fish with your bare hands so I can't imagine what would happen if you were caughtshooting them. :)
Yes I was being smart, But if someone wanted to try Shooting the Fish that went by, That would be intresting to see.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

Venator wrote:
Evil Creamsicle wrote:

Been tried, but you can only lead a horse to water, you can't make them attend a lunch without a court order.:D
Perhaps if we invite them 'and' a news crew, and make sure they know it, they will show up...

and if they don't, well, the news crew would be happy to report that too :lol:

SlowDog

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
wally1120 wrote:
T Vance wrote:
Yes I was being smart, But if someone wanted to try Shooting the Fish that went by, That would be interesting to see.
When I was a kid living in Alaska my buddy used a 20 ga with slugs.....he was Eskimo & they use whatever it takes to eat.:quirky:quirky

Venator

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
Venator wrote:
Evil Creamsicle wrote:

Perhaps if we invite them 'and' a news crew, and make sure they know it, they will show up...

and if they don't, well, the news crew would be happy to report that too :lol:
Getting the media to cover it is harder than getting the LEOs to come.