• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michael Brown unarmed shooting in Ferguson, MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
The members of the media harassed and had their rights trampled on should clearly be taking action.

As well as every citizen who was harassed as well.

No matter what the outcome of the officer involved shooting, all views and the respective rights to freely express those views is a separate issue and that right was being violated repeatedly in the days following the shooting.

Various claims of justification exist but the facts remain the same. If I choose to loot, it has no impact on YOUR rights and clearly they were doing this for several days.

Redbaron007

Serious comment?

Do you people not know that The Onion is satire?:shocker:

Hate to be the second or third to shatter your reality or blow your mind, but The Onion is 100% satire.

I deserve the correction..
usmk.gif
..yes i did know it....but it was one of those lapse in memory moments.

Thanks fellas! ;)

KBCraig

Here's a bit of a tangent, but it's background for Ferguson and the other nearby towns in St. Louis County. From Radley Balko, known and admired by most of us here.

Warning: it's very long and detailed. Short version: St. Louis County is a patchwork of fiefdoms who rely on court fines and ticket revenue to finance their operations. There is a network of lawyers who are defense attorneys in one town, prosecutors in another, and judges in yet another. They can make thousands of dollars a month for as little as three days' work.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...t-louis-county-missouri-profits-from-poverty/

Wonder why they waited so long to come forward with their story? Could it be that the price wasn't right yet?

wimwag

Wonder why they waited so long to come forward with their story? Could it be that the price wasn't right yet?

Sometimes you win the coin toss and choose to kick because you have the stronger D and want the ball immediately after half time to capitalize on your expected lead. Or maybe they're full of ****.

WalkingWolf

They probably were not asked~~The FPD did not seem too enthusiastic to canvas for witnesses shortly after the incident. Not everybody watches TV or pays attention to the news. And some people just do not like to get involved until they have to.

I see no significance other than more keystone cop incompetence from the FPD. None of these witnesses should have been missed by them in the minutes after the incident.

KBCraig

As hard as it is to believe in our 24/7/365 online all the time news cycle world, sometimes it's just the case that just because you just now heard about it, doesn't mean that it just now happened.

The two construction workers had both given statements to the FBI before the press ever found them. One declined to talk to reporters, and the other only spoke on condition of anonymity.

Does that really sound like witnesses for hire?

kylemoul

I quit following this. I was watching the Reddit live feed for days when this was going down. Full of people "tweeting" their personal opinions, getting facts wrong, just stupid.

I live in Florissant and my brother in Ferguson, and we just arm ourselves and go about our business. They will riot again if there is anything less of a guilty verdict just because.

This whole issue was turned into a race war and is just plain ridiculous.

OC for ME

Ferguson police still refusing to wear ID...

Two issues raised in the linked story.
Ferguson officials have been accused of refusing to cooperate as it emerged police officers are still not wearing identification on patrol and city leaders are blocking the release of government documents.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nts-Michael-Brown-shooting-released-free.html
It is unfortunate that FPD cops hide/obscure their identity in pursuit of ensuring public safety. Is FPD dysfunctional, or displaying tendencies inherant in all LEAs?

Kopis

It looks like someone on the grand jury leaked some info.... some woman tweeted that there wasnt enough evidence to bring criminal charges. Grand jury will likely be dismissed and a new one summoned.

Redbaron007

It looks like someone on the grand jury leaked some info.... some woman tweeted that there wasnt enough evidence to bring criminal charges. Grand jury will likely be dismissed and a new one summoned.

I missed that....

Agree......if it did happen, it doesn't sound good for the sitting jury....or a new one.

WalkingWolf

The stench of corruption is strong in this county. I am not a fan of the feds but if they do not step in soon they are looking at more violence.

All Obama does is talk, it is wayyyyy past time for the FBI to take over.

Status
Not open for further replies.