• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan Forum Moderators

Ezerharden

While I appreciate the fact that some Moderators here are very busy deleting posts and locking threads, do you think maybe someone could sticky events posted in the Michigan Events section within a day?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
While I appreciate the fact that some Moderators here are very busy deleting posts and locking threads, do you think maybe someone could sticky events posted in the Michigan Events section within a day?
With all due respect, anybody posting a thread deserving of a stickie should communicate that to a Moderator or the administration by PM - even then no immediate response should be expected.

Being a Moderator is frequently a thankless job and very time demanding - they do have lives beyond this forum.

See a problem, report it. That will make you part of the solution.

OC for ME

With all due respect, anybody posting a thread deserving of a stickie should communicate that to a Moderator or the administration by PM - even then no immediate response should be expected.
Being a Moderator is frequently a thankless job and very time demanding - they do have lives beyond this forum. :shocker:

Who made this possible!?!?!?!?!?! Who is running this place anyway!!!!! Thankless.....uh, ya got me there. Time demanding? Well, what else is more important than keeping OCDO a wholesome, family friendly, gun nut forum.....and attending to my every need. I expect to receive the service I am paying for.;)

Disclaimer: I added the bold and underline fora overly dramatic effect and the non-smiling smiley in the quote box. Also, nope not me, I am having too good a time being one of the inmates to be one of the guards.

Raggs

Being a Moderator is frequently a thankless job and very time demanding - they do have lives beyond this forum.

PMing the mods would likely be a good way to do it, but then the going into attack mode is the normal M.O. for a certain michigan organization.

Ezerharden

Well as a moderator someplace else, I can say that if I see a posted event that isn't a sticky, I make it one as a COURTESY. I don't wait to be asked to do my job. As to my attitude, what can I say, those that know me like me, those that have pi$$ed me off, don't

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Well as a moderator someplace else, I can say that if I see a posted event that isn't a sticky, I make it one as a COURTESY. I don't wait to be asked to do my job. As to my attitude, what can I say, those that know me like me, those that have pi$$ed me off, don't
I think that is a given.

Still can't read every post, nor would I attempt to do so.

I never get pisdov - just conduct business, including maintaining a short list.

Ezerharden

I think that is a given.

Still can't read every post, nor would I attempt to do so.

I never get pisdov - just conduct business, including maintaining a short list.

For your entire forum? I can understand. But how difficult is it to moderate this one section and see new posts in the Events area, check them, and sticky as needed? It would take less time than it did for me to type this reply.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk 2 please pardon any typo's.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
For your entire forum? I can understand. But how difficult is it to moderate this one section and see new posts in the Events area, check them, and sticky as needed? It would take less time than it did for me to type this reply.

Yep, for the entire forum.

Check the New Posts several times each day and try to review/clean up every sub-forum on a weekly basis as a housekeeping chore.
Order of priorities and personal style will be different for each Moderator.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator

MOC has asked that only certain people post events. In order to honor the request, sometimes some verification is required and this takes time. MOC does have a website to officially post events. Although I do understand the need to post events so that a larger part of the OC community can be aware of MOC events, by doing so they are losing some control regarding the content and the process.

Ezerharden

Thank you for making the event posts stickies.

Drtodd, your reasoning is weak. You are well aware of the fact that I am authorized to post official MOC events. You reasoning would be sound if it were an unknown person posting the events but that was not the case here

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Thank you for making the event posts stickies.

Drtodd, your reasoning is weak. You are well aware of the fact that I am authorized to post official MOC events. You reasoning would be sound if it were an unknown person posting the events but that was not the case here

Actually, I didn't know that, but I'll let MOC police that. The only requests to "sticky" planned events seem to come from Q. and it's what I tend to use as a "stamp of approval". But, quite honestly, by the time I see a request, it has usually already been taken care of by another mod. Although you could argue that is quite a length of time, it is regrettably my reality. I receive anywhere from 150-200 emails a day regarding my other responsibilities; it tends to be anywhere from 12-24 hrs from time of posting before I'm in a position to do anything about it. Well, I guess there is the off chance that the request is made while I am on OCDO, but that is truly quite rare.

Bronson

Actually, I didn't know that, but I'll let MOC police that. The only requests to "sticky" planned events seem to come from Q. and it's what I tend to use as a "stamp of approval". But, quite honestly, by the time I see a request, it has usually already been taken care of by another mod. Although you could argue that is quite a length of time, it is regrettably my reality. I receive anywhere from 150-200 emails a day regarding my other responsibilities; it tends to be anywhere from 12-24 hrs from time of posting before I'm in a position to do anything about it. Well, I guess there is the off chance that the request is made while I am on OCDO, but that is truly quite rare.

See, that's why I would make a terrible mod. I would've just banned him...but I'm a power mad tyrant at heart :cool:

Bronson

Superlite27

- they do have lives beyond this forum.

Sir, the facts fail to support your claim.

I can back this up with shady logic:

I'm on this forum almost every day, for at least an hour drinking my morning coffee, and checking replies during my lunch break. I'm pretty opinionated and throw my 2 cents in on everything from soup to nuts. So, using my excellent logical abilities:

I have over 1,000 posts.......

You have 23 times as many posts as I..........

Since I am here about an hour a day......

Conclusion: You are here 23 hours a day.

Math + logic = proven fact

(Good thing I don't have 100 posts. You'd be here at least 230 hours a day.)

Last edited: