• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No on 594 Rally

Dave Workman

The only thing I can legally OC, right now, is a long gun.

Remember what judge Bonner said?

It doesn't really matter. This is an election event. You want to be the guy whose appearance gets all the camera play, so that everybody with a firearm is portrayed as some kind of in-your-face exhibitionist? Maybe cost us a few thousand critical votes from so-far non-committed people?

The organizers have made a request. Might be they thought this through some, and have a good reason. Probably a good idea to respect their request.

Just saying.

Dave Workman

Anybody else get the yes on I-594 post card in the mail today with the big huge lie printed in big huge letters that law enforcement officers and prosecutors support I-594? Too bad we couldn't send out a post card with the truth on it - that the MAJORITY of law enforcement officers do not support I-594.

I haven't seen that and your links just go to some postcard sales website.

cpgrad08

Anybody else get the yes on I-594 post card in the mail today with the big huge lie printed in big huge letters that law enforcement officers and prosecutors support I-594? Too bad we couldn't send out a post card with the truth on it - that the MAJORITY of law enforcement officers do not support I-594.

I got it and throw it away.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Well....some external program added a link to my post that I did not include myself, which is just wrong.... hold your cursor over the link and it says "Shopping link added by SkimWords"

SkimWords is a program that contributes to maintaining the forum at no cost to the participants.

Dave Workman

Well....some external program added a link to my post that I did not include myself, which is just wrong.... hold your cursor over the link and it says "Shopping link added by SkimWords"

DAMMIT! I was sure I'd gotten a whiff of exotic ganja, and now you've spoiled my fantasy!

;)

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
The Whatcom County chapter will leave B'ham about 0730 enroute the Rally. We expect to see quite a few of you when we get to the park.

On a sanity note......We will be armed with pistols only, no long guns. This is an election event, as Dave already mentioned, and we need to make the BEST impression on those who see us in public today. We want to appear "normal", not confrontational clowns trying to upset anti gunners.

For those of you who have some deep need to carry a long gun today, you must be aware that what you do will cost us VOTES. Driving even one person away from the cause will cost us. Carry your LG on monday.

Last edited:

cpgrad08

Here is Justice Sanders speech at the rally.

[video=youtube;Mbt21HAHuGA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbt21HAHuGA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Dave Workman

Last edited:

Grim_Night

It was great to finally meet a few people face to face today. Was a little disappointed at not being able to meet Dave or Rob Apgood, but it was a pleasure meeting MSG Laigaie, NavyLCDR, and SVG in person. Something about spending time with like minded people that lifts my spirits.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Sooo,,, my report...
On Wednesday night I was making my plans, until I talked to my brother on the fone
and he told me that it wasnt Wed. night it was Thursday night!!! Ohhh ,, where did that day go??
Sooo I spent most of Friday trying to talk myself out of even going,, the weather looked really sucky,
it would be early and cold, I hadnt slept, I didnt feel good,, but I was still good lookin!
Sooo I had already actually set two alarm clocks,, so I dont have to decide till they go off!
Well,,, they were set for 0730,, so I would leave by 1000,, If I left...
Slept through them,, both!!! But I woke up at 0930,,, Wow!!!
didnt feel to bad, I felt my commitment to go, sooo forced myself up and made the coffee,,, Ummm...
Grabbed my things, locked the door, checked it twice, just to make sure... Got in my car, and it Started!!!!
Sooo around the peninsula, across the bridge and up I-5,, Wow I drive fast..
Im thinking of going to Tukwilla, to grab the light rail,, but drive right by without seeing an exit that seems right.
Sooo,,, I drive on thinking I would grab the rail at the Mount Baker station,,, My old neighborhood!
And I know the way,,, I used to live there! But I just fly by,, Im driving too fast
and now its really too late to ditch the car for the rail and still get there on time...
Did I mention that I over slept,,, Yah,, I got more sleep and left the house late.. plus i had to check the door...
Sooo I drive all the way into downtown Seattle,,, Wowwie!!!
Ya know I grew up in Seattle,,,, But I left that place 43 years ago!! Its different now...
And I have become a country bumpkin... but Im trying to keep that private,,, so shhhhhh.
I get off the freeway, and drive right down to ... like 5th a and pine,, or pike,, and right there is a
parking lot, with an empty spot in it,, until I slide my red car in.
Well, its got a thing that takes your money, and i talk to a guy that tells me how to make it work,,,
Its Technology stuff,, I never get it,,,, Anyhooo 13 bucks for 3 hours or 10,,, oh well...
Walked up hill to find the place,, got there at 1103,,, not bad for sleeping in...

Sooo,,,, happy to see and greet many old friends and make a few new ones.
Some news folks did show up, and I saw my flags, sign and mug on the TV tonight, I feel special.

Only ONE cop rode his bike thru at about 1330!
Only ONE KOOK walked in thru the crowd yacking about all the White people here with their guns,
But he has the right to be here too!! Sooo,,, he seemed to be about to go off the deep end,,,, but
after arguing with Right Minded people for some minutes, he started getting more and more calm.
I didnt really follow it all, but he came in convinced that WE were a really big problem!!
Finally and quickly found that wasnt the case ...

I got tired, the thing was winding down and the folks were leaving so I said my good bys
and got out of there at about 1430,,, I wasnt sure about the location of my car,,, but
I remembered that I walked up hill to the thing,,, Soooo I just walked down hill.... it seemed so simple.
Well about 4 minutes later,,, there it was,, right where I left it,,, and its still red!

Yep,, end of story,,, got home, tired as HEll,,,, and now Im going to have to buy gas,,, this month!!!

bani

You can OC, they are politely asking for you not to OC long guns.

anyone know who this person is? the news cameras loved him. he definitely wasn't doing the No on 594 rally supporters any favors!

635492661034250024-gun-rally1018.jpg

Last edited:

GunnyG

he was showing more support for no on i-594 than the tens of thousands of people who are going to do nothing about it but vote no on their ballots - if they even do that. Kind of reminds me of a post i read on another forum that claimed that the pro-gun crowd was responsible for the passage of strict anti-gun regulations because we refused to "compromise" and volunteer to accept "reasonable" regulations.

absolute truth #1.