• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No on 594 Rally

sudden valley gunner

That does not mean that there is a gun show loophole in firearms laws. There is no law that requires me to see a person's driver's license before I sell them a car - does that mean there is a loophole in the state law requiring a driver's license to operate a motor vehicle on public highways?

+1

The term loophole is not what they think it means. I am wearing a grey shirt must be that dress code loop hole I found.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

I have placed myself on a hiatus from the regular 3rd Sat meet in Port Orchard
and hope anybody and nobody else goes to it either!

This "No On 594" rally is way more important!

I hope Everyone that is Anyone, or even just an Onlyone
Will come!

Really!!! Just everyone Come!!!

jsanchez

The anti gunners in marysville were taken to DC to "learn" how to defeat 591. They will hold a meeting sometime next week at a church to discuss the "gun violence" in marysville. I will hunt for links.

http://www.marysvilleglobe.com/news/275745691.html

So I went to this event, and woman are tuff. There organization is a good one, and I am going to join, because it is a good way to persuade women to our side. There were a pair of men there last nite, I sat far away from them and I'm glad I did because they were too confrontational.

I made good points, talked about my mom and grandmother being victims of violent crime in CA, and how CA has background checks and how the criminals get there guns thru straw purchase. I talked about how if 594 passes I won't be able to teach women about guns anymore. I also clarified background checks on internet, gunshow, and private party purchases. When I got done some were persuaded, and talked to me about it.

The meeting went like this and I will be including documents from the meeting. They had one lady that stood up front and read from and outline of the documents that she had prepared. It was a little about each initiative and the pros and cons.

I highly suggest we all join this organization, $60 a year, so we can have leverage is this group for upcoming anti gun laws, but you have to move carefully and check you maleness at the door if you want to be successful, and we need to be successful if we want to hang on to our gun rights. You can go to there events for free and they are a very informative group.

Attachments

• l1.jpg
    l1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 110
  • l2.jpg
    l2.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 101
  • l3.jpg
    l3.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 87
  • l4.jpg
    l4.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

spike89

The meeting went like this and I will be including documents from the meeting. They had one lady that stood up front and read from and outline of the documents that she had prepared. It was a little about each initiative and the pros and cons.

Wait a sec, I just read through those LWV talking points and they are saying that currently in Washington a background check is NOT required to buy a rifle (only for pistols)??? So for every rifle I've bought at a dealer the sales guy was just calling in for what, a pizza?

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
The Whatcom County Chapter of Washington Open Carry will be coming to the rally en masse. We will be carpooling down to the AO on saturday morn. Do not hesitate to contact us if you choose to come along.
Remember People, Citizenship is a Verb. An "action word". This one IS important enough for you to make a personal appearance.

O_Kellogg

Wait a sec, I just read through those LWV talking points and they are saying that currently in Washington a background check is NOT required to buy a rifle (only for pistols)??? So for every rifle I've bought at a dealer the sales guy was just calling in for what, a pizza?

Because a dealer has an FFL. FFL's have to run BGC's - they're licensed by the gov. If you want to buy the rifle I'm selling, we have no such infringement.

OK

mikeyb

it also says no background check is required when buyer has a CPL. :banghead: (FFL-related)

Last edited:

Dave Workman

Giffords to Seattle Oct. 22; dueling initiatives groups scrambling for dollars

Former Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle “Gabby” Giffords will reportedly be in Seattle next Wednesday, Oct. 22, to campaign for passage of Initiative 594, while backers of that measure, and rival Initiative 591, have both issued e-mail appeals over the past 24 hours to purchase more airtime.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gif...ing-initiatives-groups-scrambling-for-dollars

Grim_Night

I'll state this again. If anybody wants to carpool Saturday, send me a PM. I will most likely not be going unless I can get at least a couple people to help pay for gas. Not trying to be greedy here, but I have a car but limited funds with which to pay for fuel to make a round trip up to Seattle from Lakewood. I would love to attend, but I just can't justify the drive if it's just going to be me making the round trip.

Last edited:

Dave Workman

efftheantigunners

Oct. 18th. 11:00 AM-2:00 PM
Westlake Center Park, Seattle, WA

OC / CC handguns welcomed as long as they stay holstered. This rally is not about carrying your firearms in public, it is about the issues with 594. We are asking that no long guns be carried as to distract from the purpose of the rally.

Just heard about this forum and I'm in!!! But why can't we open carry?! It's a public park, there are no laws against it right? At least not yet :(

sudden valley gunner

Oct. 18th. 11:00 AM-2:00 PM
Westlake Center Park, Seattle, WA

OC / CC handguns welcomed as long as they stay holstered. This rally is not about carrying your firearms in public, it is about the issues with 594. We are asking that no long guns be carried as to distract from the purpose of the rally.

Just heard about this forum and I'm in!!! But why can't we open carry?! It's a public park, there are no laws against it right? At least not yet :(

You can OC, they are politely asking for you not to OC long guns.