• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC picinc at Silverdale Waterfront Park (WA) gets big time press!

Nivek

imported post

Haven't been on in a while. Glad I checked tonight before going to bed!
The following will be in attendance:
-Myself
-My Sig
-My Camaro
-Random snacks and drinks!

See you all there!

kendra

imported post

Compmanio and I will be there, and are bringing 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies, hamburger-chip pickles, and a package of paper plates. And Kimber and Star, of course :cool: If there's any cameras around, I'll try not to hog the spotlight :D

Phssthpok

imported post

Adding a good sized cooler and some ice to the canopy I'm bringing....probably a bunch of bottled water as well for those that aren't too keen on the liquid sugar (soda) scene.

G27

imported post

Hey guys I wish I could have turned out but it's finals week and I had a research paper due tomorrow. I was going to try and sneak out for a few minutes, but I know I would have ended up staying down there and waste a day of writing and studying. I have very poor self control. :lol: Please someone post some pictures! I wanna know how it went.

MadHatter66

imported post

Good to see everyone today. I will keep an eye on the kitsap sun and post a link when they write the article about it. Q13 should have something on @10 tonight if they are going to run something about it... Great turn out, and I look forward to the next one.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Excellent turnout today, thanks everyone for showing up, esp all the new folks I haven't met before. I am looking forward to more summer OC events.

Time to start planning the next one......

DEROS72

imported post

Thanks all for a really good day.Good folk ,good food.Great job in putting that togather.I want to thank Jarhead for coming all the way out to fetch me and bring me out there.M1gunr for making sure I had said ride.

FMCDH

imported post

Wow, excellent turnout and a great PR day!

My wife and I talked to one excellent fellow for nearly an hour who had been a long time CPL carrier but didn't know OC was legal and was kind of taken aback that our freedom to carry in Washington was much more progressive than he had thought.

When you can educate the public at large its great, but when you can "bring out of the dark" another 2nd Amendment supporter that he may choose to become active about his rights too, that's priceless.

Thanks to Sempercarry and his folks for hosting and cooking for the event and paying for the covered area!

Looking forward to the next one. :)

sempercarry

imported post

Thanks everbody for coming, I was pretty taken back by how many people were able to show up on a weeks notice....even me:p

MadHatter66

imported post

post the link when you get it up ;)

I think both media outlets did a great job in covering the event... Was good to see everyone, what will be fun is watching the comments on the kitsap Sun site. There are already a few mis-informed comments on there...:banghead: