• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

opencarry.org apparel?

VApatriot

imported post

I just had an idea. Would it be possible to produce and sell some polo shirts and/or hats that say "opencarry.org"?:) I think it would be great to have something like that for three main reasons.1. It would help presentthe professional appearance we want when OCing. 2. We would be less likely tobe mistaken for LEOs (this may be good or bad:?) 3. It could get more people to visit the web site and find out what we are all about.

What do y'all think? If anyone wants to take this idea and run with it (with Mr. Pierce's permission of course;)) fell free to.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Tshirts for starters sound like a good idea to me. I wouldn't even mind paying a bit extra if it goes to funding this site. We need a good logo OCDO too.

VAspringer

imported post

I think it is a great idea.......

After reading several posts regarding "dressing up" while OC'ing how about a golf shirt syle with a collar? It would look great with a logo and website in small letters on the front chest area of the shirt.

I like Longwatch's idea of contributing a portion of the cost to the website.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I was looking at the cafe press web site and they can do custom apparel for a reasonable fee. Im not to sure about the quality but it is an option.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Great minds think alike!

Mike and I have been talking about this idea just this week.

Our idea is that it would be a tasteful design in both t-shirts and polos shirts that would enhance the image of a person open carrying while still inviting comment from curious people who need to be educated.

I am working on a few designs and will probably use CafePress when I have it ready!

I will keep you informed. Thank to everyone for being so enthusiastic!

John

VAopencarry

imported post

I say you can't go wrong with half naked chics holding guns. just kidding....:shock:

Something to think about if you are considering the acronym OCDO, OCD already has a meaning in the American culture, not generally a positive one. just wanted to point this out.

Thanks for all your efforts on this website.

TrueBrit

imported post

Powerful news from Mr. Pierce,and may I concur with the idea mooted aboutcontributions towards the site,should this be required.

TrueBrit.

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

i would gladely threw some bucks in the hat if need be to help expand and maintain this board. I already support some less important one's so why not this one.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

I really appreciate the offers of support from the members of the forum. I think that we are in pretty good shape as far as finances are concerned. Once we get some OC shirts available for sale, feel free to buy some :D

But what really helps the forum is the insight and discourse of all of us. People want to belong to a forum where they can get answers, opinions and different points of view. We have some very dedicated activists on here as well as people from all over the country and from different walks of life. This variety is worth a million bucks!

The best thing we can all do for the board is keep posting the quality material !! And thank you all for it!!

TrueBrit

imported post

Maybe white with blue lettering, blue with white lettering, and light tan with dark green lettering for starters?

Should go well with bluejeans, khakis or even dark dress pants?

Then again, IANAFD.(Iam not a fashion designer!)

Just my2 cents worth.

TrueBrit.

panic215

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
I say you can't go wrong with half naked chics holding guns. just kidding....:shock:

Something to think about if you are considering the acronym OCDO, OCD already has a meaning in the American culture, not generally a positive one. just wanted to point this out.

Thanks for all your efforts on this website.

VA you know...we can be quite compulsive about our guns. Just ask our wives.

I would be more than happy to help support the cause. Just let me know where and when to send the $$.

Cheers,

Jason