• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police call--From Ponderosa incident in January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

budlight

Aaah but you see they didn't. The manager called not because he was scared, but because he wasn't sure long gun OC was lawful. Big difference.

But let me ask you these questions, When will we be ready to OC a long gun? Who decides? A right not exercised is a right lost..... We don't want fear to infringe upon our freedoms.

Since this thread is going way off topic and we are debating something that has been debated to no end before, let’s all just agree to disagree.

Beerme

Banned
Perhaps if someone didn't take this OC event to the extreme and bring a rifle, none of this would have ever happened. I think someone was looking for attention. Carrying a rifle vs. a holstered handgun draws a lot more attention. Again, this is just my opinion.
That and letting someone who knew what they were doing set the event up.
Oh and we could have also done without an adult giving a minor an airsoft gun to holster.

just sayin

autosurgeon

Perhaps some people should pull there head out of the past and realize that this was all about intimidation and since as has been mentioned anyone could have called letting the manager know may or may not have helped.

Another point... is that we don't generally ask permission to exercise rights .. nor should we.

fozzy71

4utjexz.gif

DanM

Since this thread is going way off topic and we are debating something that has been debated to no end before, let’s all just agree to disagree.

Actually . . .

Since you weren't there and your comments have been repeatedly rebutted and shown to be wrong or irrelevant, let's all just agree to forget what you said.

Last edited:

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Valid question...I hope?

On the 911 tape one LEO says if it (rifle) is out in the open then he's legal. If it's covered up in any way then he needs a CCW (CPL). I think this is wrong, assuming logic applies in law & that's a stretch, if he had a holster or scabbard for the rifle that exposed the grip & stock, similar to a pistol holster, wouldn't he still be legal to carry under OC without a CPL? There are no laws about long gun carry that I can find so I postulate that what works for pistol OC would also apply to long gun OC. I know it's frowned upon (long gun OC) but there are cases where one may have no other choice other than go unarmed. Examples: pistol malfunctions - broke pin/spring/ etc...& one is in the process of repairing it/waiting for parts or a gunsmith. Costs, yes poor people should be able to protect their families too, & so on. Life is full of little surprises, I have found in my experiences.

Thanks to any of our long gun experts for any info.

--Moderator Note--
(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC

Status
Not open for further replies.