• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Self defense shooting in Manassas

Tomahawk

imported post

The shooter was obviously a secret alien agent whose presence in Northern Virginia was supposed to be a secret. When he shot the street punks, Cancer Man sent in his cleaners to hide the bodies of the punks, and to send the secret agent man off to a safe house. The local police and EMTs were threatened with being "disappeared" if they talked. But the truth is out there...and the whistleblowers showed up at VAopencarry's and longwatch's (aka Mulder and Scully, they get to fight over which is which) workplace to tell the tale.

[cue spooky x-files piano riff]

Also, as long as this organization exists, the Buffalo Bills will never win a Superbowl...

Seriously, though, I don't know what to believe. Since I know these guys, I don't think lw or VAoc are making it up, but I don't their sources, and there are no other sources out there, yet, so one can only conclude that it did not happen, at least not as reported.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

There was a story in the local paper that fits the right time frame (the police confirm it) about a guy out with his dog about 10:30 pm who was approached by two thugs. One of them did fire a shot at the guy and missed. He gave up his valuables and the two guys got away.

That is the closest thing to the OP storythat I can find in Prince William or the included cities. It is only close because of the time, the dog, a shot was fired,andthe number of people involved.

While I agree that the guys from this forum that are reporting this are reliable, I do not know anything about their sources. In my view if such an event had occurred in this area, it would have been front page news. After all the local paper here published photos of a sanitation worked who had been crushed by a garbage truck. Two people shot and killed would trump that or anything else for front page space, even if it involved self defence. After all the papers could spin that into an antivigilante story.

SO until further info arrives it appears it did not happen.

Regards

TFred

imported post

Ah.. I think we have our answer! ;)

The MIB came and flashie thingied everyone, but not before one dude on the scene posted or e-mailed via blackberry or text message. Nobody who can confirm has any memory of the story!

:D

TFred

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
ixtow wrote:
suntzu wrote:
he was intentionally trying to kill them when he opened fire--the rounds to the head is the giveaway
Woah, wait a minute... Forget about the veracity of the story... Back this train up. snip........
Since there is little merit in dissecting a non-event, it is perhaps the only reason for continuing this thread - at least in my opinion. If not truth, then what?

Diverting this"train" to debate why we carry is not the issue. BTW - I carry my defensive tools to be able to stop a life threatening event. It is my sincere desire to never take away that which does not belong to me.

Yata hey
I was simply using the probable non-event as a 'what if.' It seems that there are multiple trolls involved in this thread... Not just the OP, but the transparent argument generator too...

VAopencarry

imported post

Not you, this;

BTW, I do not know which is which, never watched the show. But LW is the female one. :)
It seems that there are multiple trolls involved in this thread... Not just the OP, but the transparent argument generator too...

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It looks like a duck, it sounds like a duck...

It wasn't so much YOU I was after... But over the past few weeks here, things have worn thin. Question A but not B. Some of the more active forum members have a serious agenda...

But I'm doubt the course will be identified, much less followed... Oh well.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ixtow wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
ixtow wrote:
suntzu wrote:
he was intentionally trying to kill them when he opened fire--the rounds to the head is the giveaway
Woah, wait a minute... Forget about the veracity of the story... Back this train up. snip........
Since there is little merit in dissecting a non-event, it is perhaps the only reason for continuing this thread - at least in my opinion. If not truth, then what?

Diverting this"train" to debate why we carry is not the issue. BTW - I carry my defensive tools to be able to stop a life threatening event. It is my sincere desire to never take away that which does not belong to me.

Yata hey
I was simply using the probable non-event as a 'what if.' It seems that there are multiple trolls involved in this thread... Not just the OP, but the transparent argument generator too...
Lets say it AGAIN.

Since I can't find even one shred of supporting evidence, I chose to debate the thing I could find: The notion that 'deliberately shooting to kill' someone in self defense is somehow a bad thing. Why shoot at all otherwise?

I swear, some poeple need a leash....

jkhanley73

imported post

What is your friend's name and does he work for PWC Fire & Rescue? Would he be willing to talk for a story, either on the record or off?

Thanks,

Kipp Hanley

News reporter

Sleepless

imported post

rebfan wrote:
Now, we have the local paper coming here for the "story".

Now this is news to me. lol

I didn't know we had other journalists here too.

Though I am just a lowly photojournalist. :p

Welcome to the group jkhanley73

Where are you from??

rebfan

imported post

If you don't mind me jumping in, he works for the Manassas Journal Messenger, or whatever the name is since they merged with the Potomac News.

Firefighter503

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
A guy I work with is a volunteer EMT. He told me last night they ran a call, off Sudley Rd(I think). A guy was walking his dog about 10:30pm. Two guys tried to rob him at knife point. He pulled out a S&W 340PD. Two shots fired, 2 head shots, 2 dead bad guys.

I can't find any news item on this. Anyone else hear about it?

PS: I have no reason to believe my co-worker was making it up.
What company does your friend run at? If it was on Sudley Rd, I am going to guess Manassas or Stonewall? Maybe Evergreen, if it was waaaaay up Sudley Rd... I volunteer in the county, and know members of all of these stations and may be able to find out more...