• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting Near Hall Rd and North Ave

johnniebravo

imported post

malignity wrote:
Truth be told, it doesn't matter if the guy was a 'wuss' or not.

In a fight, there is no such thing as 'fair.' Call me a 'wuss' if you want, but if I am EVER involved in a fight, I will kick in the groin, pull hair, gouge eyes, throw sand, and do absolutely whatever the hell I have to do in order to win that fight.

If I am involved in a fight, it is not for sport. It is because I believe there's a reason to fight for my life. If I am fighting for my life, the word 'fair' does not exist in my vocabulary. The only word that does is 'SURVIVAL.'

If there's 3 men on top of me, I call a firearm a great equalizer; because I can no longer be persuaded by force. Comments like that are from men who obviously either have some major ego problems, or people who are just begging to become victims themselves.

I basicly told him having a gun in a situation like that levels the playing field dramaticly. Than he goes on and on about us gun owners being paranoid and us OC'ers being looney. This guy has no clue as to what he talks about, according to him the BG was the victim...but than again im hearing this out of a staunch Obama supporter

johnniebravo

imported post

I only had 2 problems with the situation.1 The kids had to experience that, thats going to mess them up for at least a few years and 2. I woulda took out the other guys in the car also. As far as I'm concerned all 3 were legitimate targets, they were intent on inducing great bodily harm

lapeer20m

imported post

The guy that got shot apparently was albanian.

anybody watch the shield? There was an episode where a bad guy was being questioned, and he said something like:

"There are three things in this world I don't mess with"

The IRS
(i forgot the 2nd one)
and mother F*ing albanians because they are crazy!"

I searched for the audio, but was unable to find it.

mudvr1212

imported post

It's so funny, yet aggravatingreading the comments left by some.

Most of them just think that "driving away" is so easy. How do they know what the situation looked like. They could have been surrounded by 10 cars and the intruders in front of them. Where the hell could the victim drive to!?!?!? What idiots.

These are the people that WISH they had a gun when this situation happens to them...

The victim had all right to defend himself and his family.

and...look at all the "CCW" comments....HAHAHA

Bailenforcer

imported post

mudvr1212 wrote:
It's so funny, yet aggravatingreading the comments left by some.

Most of them just think that "driving away" is so easy. How do they know what the situation looked like. They could have been surrounded by 10 cars and the intruders in front of them. Where the hell could the victim drive to!?!?!? What idiots.

These are the people that WISH they had a gun when this situation happens to them...

The victim had all right to defend himself and his family.

and...look at all the "CCW" comments....HAHAHA
The most annoying remarks are from the Monday morning Quarterbacks. The "if I was there I would have..."
Are these people that stupid? I wanted to stab my screen with my letter opener a few times reading these. What do these people think? Reminds me of an idiot (age 45) I debated who thought a video war game was good training for real life encounters. If you or they were not there how could they know? Fact is they are clueless as am I as to what that poor man was faced with to make him so fear for his and his childrens lives he was forced to resort to deadly force knowing full well in out ignorant society we often love to hang the real victims who might for once come out on top. It's almost like you are obligated to die or be maimed for life when attacked to be a true victim. Once long ago in this country we had real men with honor who wouldn't blink an eye and dispatch these thugs to Allah, Satan or whatever God they chose to die for. Today even in here some act like wimps and try and somehow find fault with the victim. 200 years ago people would have not spent one seconds time to second guess the shooter in this kind of scenario. This is because 200 years ago we had MEN, not spoiled little boys in mens bodies. Frankly if I knew the shooter I would buy him dinner, and send black roses to the funeral of the idiot thug who decided to stop his car get out and with his thug cousins attack a family.

Problem is, we need to be desensitised to thugs getting dispatched to the other side. For me the more the better.

Hows that for not being politically corrupt (correct).

mudvr1212

imported post

I actually left a comment very similar to your analogy.

I said something along the lines of "back in the day if someone jumped into anothers horse drawn carriage trying to kick their a$$, they would have been shot on the spot. No questions asked. No "You were at fault." Just what happend and it was the right thing.

Some people just don't get it.

Bailenforcer

imported post

mudvr1212 wrote:
I actually left a comment very similar to your analogy.

I said something along the lines of "back in the day if someone jumped into anothers horse drawn carriage trying to kick their a$$, they would have been shot on the spot. No questions asked. No "You were at fault." Just what happend and it was the right thing.

Some people just don't get it.
I didn't read all the posts so I guess great minds think alike? :celebrate

We agree, and I am sure others will also. I find it funny that humans know when you stick your hand in a fire you get burned. They never question this fact, nor do they complain and say it's wrong. They acept the universal laws of nature as a given. Yet when when it coms to criminals suddenly people want natures laws to be modified. Fact is the universal law of nature also says when you allow criminals to run free you loose all order and civility in society. Yet some want to somehow change this, and yet they fail to realize, it can't be changed no more than we can stop the fire from burning us. They don't argue for the fool who gets burned, yet thy argue for the same fool who gets shot as a result of his criminality and stupidity.

This seems to be the most inconsistent thought process of human beings.

G

imported post

If we are to accept the darwinian theory of evolution (ie: survival of the fittest) then the influence upon further human evolution, by this mentally diminished and inferior individual has been removed from the gene pool. Thereby enhancing the continuance of the species.

mudvr1212

imported post

As of now, my post hasn't been added. It needs to get moderater approval....blah!

I read on a different page "Great we are letting armed Detroiters come to our town, kill people and let them get away with it."

I wonder if they know that it's a great possibilty that their neighbor has his sidearm on while they're talking about the subdivision cougars. Yet they think that just Detroit residence are armed...

By the way, I'm a good mind at best, but occasionally I have an Einstein moment!:banghead:

mudvr1212

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
If we are to accept the darwinian theory of evolution (ie: survival of the fittest) then the influence upon further human evolution, by this mentally diminished and inferior individual has been removed from the gene pool. Thereby enhancing the continuance of the species.
He thinned out the hybrid Homo Sapien/Neanderthal population slightly! :celebrate

G

imported post

Not just a culling of the herd, but also the preservation of the integrity of the specie's gene pool.

Too bad the other two weren't culled from the herd to prevent their inferior genes from contaminating the pool.

JamesIan

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Not just a culling of the herd, but also the preservation of the integrity of the specie's gene pool.

Too bad the other two weren't culled from the herd to prevent their inferior genes from contaminating the pool.
The decedent was a "loving, family man." It sounds as if his genes have already been passed.