• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting Near Hall Rd and North Ave

Bailenforcer

imported post

malignity wrote:
New news.. and good news.

Guy's been released.

http://www.macombdaily.com/articles/2010/02/08/news/doc4b705f01ecbe5536478768.txt

Having a problem posting a comment though on the news post... so many idiots saying 'why didn't he drive away?!'

Plain and simple; Cause there is no duty to retreat in Michigan. If three men jump me, you best believe I'm shooting at least one of them. I imagine he drove away after because he was using a 5 shot revolver (supposedly there were 5 shots fired, and 2 struck the target) and needed to reload, so he did his best to distance himself from his other attackers. IMO, the other two people that attacked the vehicle should be charged with assault.

(PS, this is also why I carry a Glock 23. If I can't get the job done with 27 rounds, it at least buys me more time until the police arrive with more firepower.)
according to the story they were in front of the shooter/victim at a traffic light and jumped out and ran to his car and opened his door to pull him out (I presume to curb stomp him) and he had no time to do anything more than shoot when the criminal was literally in his car on top of him.

When you are in that situation it takes les than 20 seconds and usually you are confused as to why the idiots jumped out of the car for a few seconds till its obvious they are all over you then all you have is one choice. Isn't like Hollywood where you can just do a reverse 180 and not hit the car behind you at the light.

Sounds like the man had little other choice except to allow them to curb stomp his and his childen or defend himself.

G

imported post

Bailenforcer wrote:
malignity wrote:
New news.. and good news.

Guy's been released.

http://www.macombdaily.com/articles/2010/02/08/news/doc4b705f01ecbe5536478768.txt

Having a problem posting a comment though on the news post... so many idiots saying 'why didn't he drive away?!'

Plain and simple; Cause there is no duty to retreat in Michigan. If three men jump me, you best believe I'm shooting at least one of them. I imagine he drove away after because he was using a 5 shot revolver (supposedly there were 5 shots fired, and 2 struck the target) and needed to reload, so he did his best to distance himself from his other attackers. IMO, the other two people that attacked the vehicle should be charged with assault.

(PS, this is also why I carry a Glock 23. If I can't get the job done with 27 rounds, it at least buys me more time until the police arrive with more firepower.)
according to the story they were in front of the shooter/victim at a traffic light and jumped out and ran to his car and opened his door to pull him out (I presume to curb stomp him) and he had no time to do anything more than shoot when the criminal was literally in his car on top of him.

When you are in that situation it takes les than 20 seconds and usually you are confused as to why the idiots jumped out of the car for a few seconds till its obvious they are all over you then all you have is one choice. Isn't like Hollywood where you can just do a reverse 180 and not hit the car behind you at the light.

Sounds like the man had little other choice except to allow them to curb stomp his and his childen or defend himself.
The ASSailants were kind, loving family members.

This incident didn't need to end like this.

The victim should have just taken the ass whoppin' and been done with it.

EM87

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
The victim should have just taken the ass whoppin' and been done with it.

Yeah, you're totally right. I mean, what are a few missing teeth and some broken bones worth? Thousands spent on dental work, potential disfigurement and pain for the rest of his life, not to mention emotional scars for his children when they see their dad get curb stomped.

He definitely shouldn't have shot them. :p

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

" German's don't have six j's in their last name. "

...this quote entertained me.

People trying to turn this into a race thing... no surprise.

Funny how it stopped when they found out the guy defending himself was black.

G

imported post

It would have been less traumatic on the kids to watch their dad get stomped than to defend himself.

Who knows. As a result of this, those children just may grow up with the mind set to defend themselves someday too.

And the other ASSailants may heretofore be less inclined to attack someone that doesn't drive according to their standards.

What an upside down world this is becoming where ASSailants have to fear their victims.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
It would have been less traumatic on the kids to watch their dad get stomped than to defend himself.

Who knows. As a result of this, those children just may grow up with the mind set to defend themselves someday too.

And the other ASSailants may heretofore be less inclined to attack someone that doesn't drive according to their standards.

What an upside down world this is becoming where ASSailants have to fear their victims.
...yeah its depressing how hard it is to be a criminal these days. :celebrate

EM87

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:

Without emoticons, it is very hard for me to tell if this is a sarcastic statement or not. FYI I was being sarcastic in my last post, which I think is clear to you. I just wanted to make sure you know that I do think the shooter was right in defending himself.

G

imported post

EM87 wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:

Without emoticons, it is very hard for me to tell if this is a sarcastic statement or not. FYI I was being sarcastic in my last post, which I think is clear to you. I just wanted to make sure you know that I do think the shooter was right in defending himself.
I thought refering to the ASSailants and victim was clear enough.

So in order to clear any confusion...

THE CREATION GOT EVERYTHING HE DESERVED. I WISH THE VICTIM HAD BETTER SHOT PLACEMENT THOUGH, SO THAT HE WOULD HAVE SAVED SOME AMMO FOR THE OTHER TWO.

Does that help?

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

johnniebravo

imported post

The maintinence guy at work said the shooter was a wuss, he couldnt stand toe to toe with those guys....."im like WTF??? 3 guys come at ya when ya have kids in the car and ur gonna duke it out with them? " He lives in a liberal fantasy world. The guy with the kids did what he should have done....a damn good shoot if ya ask me, one more animal off the streets

johnniebravo

imported post

EM87 wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:

Boo Hoo for the bad guys, maybe if they behaved themselves they wouldnt have to worry about the good guys who carry

malignity

imported post

Truth be told, it doesn't matter if the guy was a 'wuss' or not.

In a fight, there is no such thing as 'fair.' Call me a 'wuss' if you want, but if I am EVER involved in a fight, I will kick in the groin, pull hair, gouge eyes, throw sand, and do absolutely whatever the hell I have to do in order to win that fight.

If I am involved in a fight, it is not for sport. It is because I believe there's a reason to fight for my life. If I am fighting for my life, the word 'fair' does not exist in my vocabulary. The only word that does is 'SURVIVAL.'

If there's 3 men on top of me, I call a firearm a great equalizer; because I can no longer be persuaded by force. Comments like that are from men who obviously either have some major ego problems, or people who are just begging to become victims themselves.

Kusala

imported post

Well there is a couple things I see wrong here.

1. The media is disgusting. They portray the aggressor as this innocent loving man that was shot by...... Hmm well thats odd I don't see them calling the guy defending himself a loving man with kids.... a loving man that was doing what was right by witnesses accounts.

I bet if the guy did not have a gun and got his ass beat the media would have turned the tables 180 and been calling "Tony" a ruthless thug with a record!!!!! But OH NO since the ruthless thug with a record was shot he is now a loving man that did no wrong and flew with angels. Well he is not flying now but I would imagine more like sinking.

The ones I feel sorry for first are all the kids involved or that lost there dad due to his bad decisions. I feel sorry for the family of the shooter they must be equally replaying this over and over. I feel sorry for the aggressors family as they lost a loved one.

2. The family will always portray even the worst as a good man/woman. It is just like a kid that does no wrong. We want to think of our loved ones as perfect and that is what we see on display. I will not condemn them for doing so as people need to grief and over time heal. Later down the road after all the high tensions have gone down they will see what happened.

I think what happened here was tragic but from what I am reading and hearing... It was also self defense and I agree with what the shooter did.

I do not and cannot feel sorry for the man that acted in such a way as to put the shooter in that situation. The ordeal is over for him. The kids and the dad have to deal with what went down for the rest of their lives.

G

imported post

I can think of two ASSailants that will think twice about playing Billy Badass.:uhoh:

G

imported post

14dcyz7.jpg