• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I spoke at today's rally on the capitol steps today....

If you look at the numbers, the anti's just don't have the votes to pass.

There were about 300 at the rally today.

nick

p.s. I ran into 1245defender today!

Last edited:

1245A Defender

Well,,,

A good turnout for the cold and rain.

I went up to the gallery to view the chamber,
when I told the usher where I was going, he said "I will LET you do that"...
I leaned back toward him to speak, I said "I did NOT ask for your permission"!

nice to see GoGo!
wish I had seen more faces that I recognize ,, yes that means you!

EMNofSeattle

I spoke at today's rally on the capitol steps today....

If you look at the numbers, the anti's just don't have the votes to pass.

There were about 300 at the rally today.

nick

p.s. I ran into 1245defender today!

That sounds about right. A lot of people were freaking out on social media about these bills, they can't pass them out of the house! Let alone the senate.

I'm surprised Steve Tharinger is cosponsored a preemption gutting bill though

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I was at the Wal Mart in Auburn today, while returning to my car I saw a unicorn. Black male, late 20s, heavy set, all black pants and jacket, black holster black gun having a smoke.... didn't even say a word. I just thought of the years of hard work we have done where someone is comfortable to OC.... carry on.

O_Kellogg

Warm weather! Feels good to ditch the jacket!
Last week or so, a couple stops at Albertsons on Canyon and Arby's, Home Depot, and maybe Wendy's aound South Hill. Walmarts at South Hill, Spanaway, Yelm.

Today out to Cash & Carry and Lowe's In Lacey, plus Sunbird, Walmart and Tractor Supply in Yelm. Saw another gentleman OC at Tractor Supply but, didn't get a chance to speak as I was checking out.

It Felt like I was being *severely noticed* a few times but nobody commented...

Bill45

Yes! Finally, for a few days, it will be warm enough to go coat-less.
I walked the dog around the neighborhood, went to Home Depot and Safeway. Few noticed that I could tell (not that I am on the look out other than normal S.A.) and no comments.

Glad this is not Colorado.

Schlepnier

couple weeks ago had a nice conversation with a unicorn at yelm walmart, let him know about ocdo mabey we will see him around.

also just to let you know according to a driver where I work we only want to OC to have confrontations with LEOs.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
couple weeks ago had a nice conversation with a unicorn at yelm walmart, let him know about ocdo mabey we will see him around.

also just to let you know according to a driver where I work we only want to OC to have confrontations with LEOs.
Interesting attribute the driver has = mind reader.

If one has to fail at something, it should be having unnecessary confrontations.

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member

Well then, it seems like I'm a total failure for about seven years.

Tacitus42

Walking into Hawks Prarie Safeway tonite with fiance and her son about 1930. Noticed this guy walking towards door with us mad dogging me. Gave him my full attention he say " It takes all kinds" He then said to my fiance "It takes a big man to carry a gun" She responded "Want to see mine " It was on her hip but between us so he couldn't see it. I carry a Glock 22 in a tan Bianchi Model 59 . She a S&W SD9VE in a black Galco Cop 3 slot holster.
I then told him stay away from my family. To which he responded "Stay away from mine" Since he was alone, obviously he meant for me to stop carrying all together.
I told my fiance to record. Which enraged this guy . He puffed up elbows out looking to throw ,coming at us. I forcefully told him to back away. Turned my hip away from him was ready to draw took couple steps back then he stopped luckily as we couldn't back up any further. I repeated "Back away from my family" 5 times, getting louder and louder until everyone in the store was looking. He repeated over and over again to stay away from his. Again he was alone. Finally he walked away . Kept my eye on him until we left.
Here's his pic mohawk and all. Watch out for this guy he definitely is unstable.

52eb151c878135a1a7b5b25f43be6220.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Tacitus42

On another topic, Thurston County Sheriffs Office finally sent me my renewed CPL 74 days after i submitted papers. Took them at least 65 days to even do a background check. Need a new Sheriff.
At least checking my firearm in at the county courthouse was a breeze. Took less than a minute. Walk you back outside. Locked it in a lockbox, give you a laminated card with locker # on it. Just as easy to retrieve. Deputies were very pro 2nd amendment.

solus

Walking into Hawks Prarie Safeway tonite with fiance and her son about 1930. Noticed this guy walking towards door with us mad dogging me. Gave him my full attention he say " It takes all kinds" He then said to my fiance "It takes a big man to carry a gun" She responded "Want to see mine " It was on her hip but between us so he couldn't see it. I carry a Glock 22 in a tan Bianchi Model 59 . She a S&W SD9VE in a black Galco Cop 3 slot holster.
I then told him stay away from my family. To which he responded "Stay away from mine" Since he was alone, obviously he meant for me to stop carrying all together.
I told my fiance to record. Which enraged this guy . He puffed up elbows out looking to throw ,coming at us. I forcefully told him to back away. Turned my hip away from him was ready to draw took couple steps back then he stopped luckily as we couldn't back up any further. I repeated "Back away from my family" 5 times, getting louder and louder until everyone in the store was looking. He repeated over and over again to stay away from his. Again he was alone. Finally he walked away . Kept my eye on him until we left.
Here's his pic mohawk and all. Watch out for this guy he definitely is unstable.

you did not notify management as it is within their sphere of responsibility to provide a safe shopping environment for their customers nor the nice LEs about this incident when it occurred or after the fact to get his antics into the 'official records' so if he does it again to another citizen there is a further proof it was not an isolated incident.

just saying

ipse

golddigger14s

Activist Member
On another topic, Thurston County Sheriffs Office finally sent me my renewed CPL 74 days after i submitted papers. Took them at least 65 days to even do a background check. Need a new Sheriff.
At least checking my firearm in at the county courthouse was a breeze. Took less than a minute. Walk you back outside. Locked it in a lockbox, give you a laminated card with locker # on it. Just as easy to retrieve. Deputies were very pro 2nd amendment.

No we don't, he is totally on our side. He has one clerk that is totally swamped with CPLs. He hasn't even gotten a raise in like five years. He does what he can with the little budget he has.

decklin

No we don't, he is totally on our side. He has one clerk that is totally swamped with CPLs. He hasn't even gotten a raise in like five years. He does what he can with the little budget he has.

Well considering receiving a CPL is NOT contingent on a BGC I'd say he's not on our side.
This is something discussed at great length on this very forum.
Law says 30 days. No exceptions.

solus

I agree, he isn't on our side. You want to see the consequences of waiting? Here are some:

1) http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/1...dered-by-ex-while-waiting-for-gun-permit.html

2) http://www.afn.org/~afn01182/waiting.html

That extra 44 days could have been the difference between life and death.

1) i find it interesting the article cited is a year olde and it appears the main instigator of the article is the kind folk from the second amendment legal team!! i am sure NJ has emergency carry issuance capabilities, oh wait they do...quote:
13:54-2.4 Application for a permit to carry a handgun
(d)1. In the case of a private citizen shall specify in detail the urgent necessity for self-protection, as evidenced by specific threats or previous attacks which demonstrate a special danger to the applicant's life that cannot be avoided by means other than by issuance of a permit to carry a handgun. Where possible the applicant shall corroborate the existence of any specific threats or previous attacks by reference to reports of such incidents to the appropriate law enforcement agencies; unquote. http://www.njsp.org/info/pdf/firearms/njac-title13-ch54.pdf

2) forgive me, one would believe if this is such a relevant topic as you purport it to be, one could find examples a bit newer than, 1985, 1990, 1991, 1993???

ipse

Last edited: