• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

briehl12

That's weird. I've read on here somewhere that they were to follow state law. At least I thought I did. Oh well I have oc that location many times in the last year.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
I have OCed at Red Robin in Monroe probably about 50 times with no comments. Even have had the manager by a few times due to compliments and complaints.

TheDavid

Extremely odd encounter 2 days in a row at whole sale sports in federal way. We are backpacking this weekend and I was picking up the last few bits of stuff.

Thursday I was in there with the pup who decided she needed to GO. So we were headed for the doors and I got a "good to see you open carry".

Today, a guy walks up (attempted to walk up behind me) and seas "i thought it was against the law to carry in city limits". He is using a small knife to open a star burst (odd?) And holding it up almost between us. During our short conversion he tells me he has a 38, few minutes later its a 357... So after our talk he walk away about 20ft and then walk far out of his way to walk behind me back to where he was to start with. very odd.

Freedom1Man

Extremely odd encounters 2 days in a row at Wholesale Sports in Federal Way. We are going backpacking this weekend and I was picking up the last few bits of stuff.

Thursday I was in there with the pup who decided she needed to GO. So we were headed for the doors and I got a "good to see you open carry".

Today, a guy walks up (attempting to walk up behind me) and says "I thought it was against the law to carry in city limits". He is using a small knife to open a star burst (odd?) And holding it up almost between us. During our short conversion he tells me he has a .38, few minutes later its a .357... So after our talk he walked away about 20ft and then walked far out of his way to walk behind me back to where he was to start with. Very odd.
(spelling correction by me)

What is the second odd encounter?

The first encounter was a positive one and even I've had the thank you for open carry/good to see you open carry encounter. I think that there are good many of us who have had that one.

decklin

On Wednesday I OC'd into the Pioneer Park Pavilion in Puyallup for a Wedding Rehearsal. Afterwards we all went into the restaraunt adjacent to the park. No comments or reactions of any kind.

OC'd into the Men's Wearhouse located on S 38th in Tacoma on Thursday. I needed to pickup my Tux for my Buddy's Wedding on Friday. I walk in and one of the employees notices my 1911 and says, "Isn't that supposed to be concealed?"
I say, "Nope, this is an OC state."
He goes, "Oh, ok."

On Saturday I returned the Tux and decided to swing by the Marksman to see if they had a holster I was looking for. I walked in and began wandering. The owner saw me looking at the holsters and came over to help. They only thing he said about me OC'ing was, "I sold you that Sig, didn't I?"
I was surprised and said, "Yeah, I think you did." That was two years ago.
He found the holster I was looking for, an IWB for a USP9c.
I aksed him if he could show me their Eotechs and he brought me to the case and spent a good 10 minutes going over all the different functions between the different models. He also showed me a few different magnification options that would work with the Eotech and backup sights.

Saturday evening my Wife and I went to the Auburn Walmart for some grocery shopping. No comments and didn't notice any looks.

briehl12

So this morning I got onto the bus in Auburn, and it was packed. I sat up front with a lady who saw my gun and she exclaimed OMG you have a gun!! What do you need that for? So I explained to her how OC was legal, and that as long as you have a permit, you can carry on the bus, leagally. Infact one of the guys next to me chimned in and aslo agreed with me. Then she has the nerve to ask, SO are you mad at anyone today? I asked her what that has to do with anything and her response was I just do not want to get shot. I told her it was my defense weapon and that she wont get shot just by it being in the holster. About 8 people were highly interested in our conversation. It was great. Several people agreed that it is time to take a stand for our rights, and to detere criminals, but they aslo said they cant carry just for basic missunderstanding of firearms in general. :banghead:

SeattleWingsfan

"...but they aslo said they cant carry just for basic missunderstanding of firearms in general."

WTH does that mean?

My favorite is the people that ask questions, and you give them all the info they need about open carry. Then they make a comment that clearly shows they didn't hear anything you said. Like how long does it take to get the permit, or ask about where to sign up for the class.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Millersvania State Park: Went camping for a couple of days, once again no negatives from fellow campers or rangers. While talking to the campground hosts, the wife said to her husband: "see you're not the only one". I didn't see him carrying anything. Another person that was fishing asked if I would shoot their fish if they caught a big one. I laughed, and said if they caught anything in that tiny lake that big I would be happy to shoot it.

Venya

Tandy Leather in Parkland (Tacoma) is run by a gentleman who is, if not open carrying, certainly not trying to conceal very hard. He also favors Ruger revolvers. I've carried there several times without any issues; I got into leather work specifically because my SP101 is too pretty to live in Kydex, although I haven't yet made a holster for it--just some ammo and cell pouches and the like. Baby steps.

Schlepnier

positive encounter last night. went by the walmart here in yelm after work, carrying my taurus as usual. as i was standing in the customer service line i hear "is that a .45?"

I turn around to see a fellow customer who by all apearances is military(not suprising give the proximity to lewis/McChord

Got into a nice short discussion about pistols and preferences. he carries a glock .40, i gave him a pamphlet and told him about the site so mabey we will see him around.

DamonK

Had a positive encounter at the lacey park on yelm highway, gave the couple a pamphlet and referred them to the site. Then had a manager at the safeway across the street try to boot me for carrying. He told me that his security manager told him that was policy and that he had just had someone leave the store yesterday for the same thing. I let him know that he needed to read up on his corporate policy. And maybe have a talk with his "security guy" about making up rules and chasing customers away against corporate policy.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Had a positive encounter at the lacey park on yelm highway, gave the couple a pamphlet and referred them to the site. Then had a manager at the safeway across the street try to boot me for carrying. He told me that his security manager told him that was policy and that he had just had someone leave the store yesterday for the same thing. I let him know that he needed to read up on his corporate policy. And maybe have a talk with his "security guy" about making up rules and chasing customers away against corporate policy.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
Print This Out
Give this to manager upon next meeting. http://forum.nwcdl.org/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=75
Policy is to follow state law.

I have no problem in the Lacey Safeway's.

Last edited:

Tacitus42

Print This Out
Give this to manager upon next meeting. http://forum.nwcdl.org/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=75
Policy is to follow state law.

I have no problem in the Lacey Safeway's.
Hey goldigger thanks for cut an pasting my quote;)
Factory Nike Outlet in Centralia today couple patrol cars followed me around parking lot no contact. Then had a guy walk up to me and say " Hey nice gun, here's mine" then he pulls up his shirt showing me and everyone else around his. Knucklehead. Walmart in Lakewood, Fred Meyers on 19th , also Knutsen's Sportscards in UP. No problems anywhere.