• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Wooley

1. W

Thoughts on VCDL emails as of late

imported post I must say I'm somewhat confused by parts one and two of these emails and hopefully there will be something useful I/we can take from it eventually. That said, so far it sounds like chest thumping. I'm not interested in how great so and so did this or how well a situation was...
  2. W

Glock swap

imported post Got a Gen II 23 I'd like to trade for a 17 or 19. Mine will come with tupperware, 3 G23 mags, 5 G22 mags, and Trij nights. I only ask for 3 mags and hopefully nights on the trade gun. Please have VA ID and CHP. Will drive if I have to. Also throw in holsters for a 23 if the...
  3. W

Kel Tec PLR-16

imported post I'm thinking about getting one of these. Its a pistol, but if you've seen one you'll see its very similar to an AR pistol. Being a pistol and having a CHP, can I carry 30 rounders in it on a sling as I'm hiking county owned trails? Also, anyone have any experience with these?
  4. W

Daycare locations...

imported post I drop my little one off at daycare most days...I download and lock my piece in the car. My question: As I read it, daycares do not meet the definition of K-12 school and are therefore not off limits right? Unless posted of course.
  5. W

Galco M7X

imported post http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=2783&GunID=49 I have one of these for just about every pistol I have. They're great...it rides really close to you body and is easy to remove if you need to. Basically its got the concealment/security of a belt holster with the...
  6. W

Serpa holster screws...

imported post I LOVE Serpa holsters...however, while changing one over from the paddle to the drop leg platform I had 2 of the 3 screws strip out. It looks like the nuts molded into the holster are also damaged... Don't start either, I'm not an idiot and I didn't cross thread them! Anyone...
  7. W

Sig 228 with 7 mags and holsters for a Glock 19/23

imported post Does anyone with a Glock 19 or 23 want to swap for a Sig 228 with 7 mags and a few carry options? I use the Sig for work and EP but want the lighter and slimmer Glock. Also, if you have a G23 I'll give you an ammo can full of 9mm since the Sig is the only 9 I have. I'd prefer you...
  8. W

For those of us that like to be tactical...

imported post www.tacticalgrilling.com I'll be wearing mine at the cookout you're all invited to this summer!
  9. W

OC with a drop leg...

imported post Those of you that know me know I prefer to CC but love to OC. As I understand it, it doesn't matter if I OC on the hip or a shoulder holster or some crazy rig that places it in a head-worn holster... My question is, how do you think a drop leg holster would do in public? Would...
  10. W

Guess who's still alive?

imported post Me. How have all of my old friends been and how are all the newcomers I've not yet met?
  11. W

Anti-gun rallies

imported post Hey all, sorry I'm so absent these days. I just got this from the Media Research Center. http://www.mrcaction.org/r.asp?u=2125&rid=11365426 It addresses the Reverend (who has no church and whom I've never heard give a sermon) Jesse Jackson and his push against the legal sale of...
  12. W

FOIA

imported post Can we compile a list of FOIA related information in this thread? Experiences with filing and tips for filing would be awesome. This would also be a good way to ask questions about FOIAs. I know its not 100% gun related, but it would be a very helpful topic as many incidents as...
  13. W

New pro 2A lawyer?

imported post FYI, finished up the paperwork to start working towards a law degree. It was either go back to LE or become a lawyer. Hopefully someday I can help the cause a little better.
  14. W

Private property question...

imported post Ok, this isn't about OC or CC so please forgive... Say in the middle of the night I'm bored so I drive up to watch a NS train go by. I park in a very small private lot next to the tracks to watch the train go by. I've never had a problem, but can an officer force me to leave for...
  15. W

The 4th at Wooley's Grille

imported post All: I'm putting together a little something in my backyard. I'll have enough grillin stuff to go around but if this gets too big all I ask is that you hook up some drinks or something small. It'll start around 5-6 at my home in Manassas, a short walk or drive to view the...