• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DPM Mechanical Recoil Reduction System

Weak 9mm

imported post

Quintuple to be exact, but you've changed the subject. This is about how good the DPM mechanical recoil reduction system is.

It's definitely not about your completely unfounded opinions based on nothing but trying to seem like a hardcore manly man "combat-only" Glock gunner who apparently can't even feel the recoil of a 9mm handgun. You claim to carry your Glock only to "fight," so you certainly wouldn't want it to be any better at putting rounds on the target quickly. The people you're trying to fight with will certainly thank you I'm sure. Oh I forgot, you can shoot it faster than a Glock 18 on full auto while getting .25" groups at 100 yards.

The stock hollow polymer guide rod and recoil spring assembly is at the bottom of the photo. The DPM system is installed in the slide and the softer spring included with the DPM system is at the top of the photo.

Attachments

• Deebu 058 (2).jpg
    Deebu 058 (2).jpg
    83 KB · Views: 725

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

Umm.. Im not trying to use my Glock 19 to shoot at 100 yards or anywhere close. I have other pistols for that.

Personal Opinion(s)

I don't like it

I have no reason why other than I think its silly

IF I was shooting at distance or in a competition, it might be cool.

That's all. same goes for laser sights and silencers. It's cool that you like it, but not everyone does.... kinda like my biased opinions of the Glock 19 being the best all around pistol. it's an opinion.

That's why my first comment was a personal opinion as stated.

Weak 9mm

imported post

Are you done yet?

Anyway, if anybody's out in NC and wants to try out the DPM mechanical recoil reduction system just shoot me a PM. I'd be glad to meet someone out at a range sometime and bring the stock system and the DPM system.

Stock polymer guide rod and spring assembly on left, DPM system installed on the slide, softer spring included with DPM system pictured to the right.

Attachments

• Deebu 059 (2).jpg
    Deebu 059 (2).jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 741

Weak 9mm

imported post

Another photo.

Stock hollow polymer guide rod and spring assembly on left, DPM system installed in Glock, softer spring included with DPM system on the right.

Attachments

• Deebu 062 (2).jpg
    Deebu 062 (2).jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 577

FightingGlock19

imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
Umm.. Im not trying to use my Glock 19 to shoot at 100 yards or anywhere close. I have other pistols for that.
I've hit man-zised steel targets @ 100 yards w/my Big Dot equipped Glock 19, why wouldn't you use yours?

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I think it looks good. It looks very similar to the recoil spring used stock in the Taurus Millenium Pro. When an unsolicited recommendation comes along by a legit customer who has nothing to gain, I tend to pay attention. After I get a set of night sights for my glock, this spring be the next upgrade on the list.

Unlike the hardcore folks, I chose a glock because of all of the accessories available. I just put a 3.5lb trigger connector in mine and I am amazed at how much better I shoot with it.

BTW: I'm considering the Truglo TFO Tritium/Fiber Optic sights.

What other changes have you done to your glock?

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

FightingGlock19 wrote:
Bravo_Sierra wrote:
I've hit man-zised steel targets @ 100 yards w/my Big Dot equipped Glock 19, why wouldn't you use yours?

I'm not saying I can't, I'm saying it's not the intended purpose for my carry gun. I also have XS Big Dot 24/7's on my G19.

I use my Sig with Meprolight sights for that kinda stuff.

Look lets just bury the hatchet. I don't like the spring idea, it's obvious others do, which is great. Opinions are like assholes, blah blah blah...

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

asforme wrote:
I think it looks good. It looks very similar to the recoil spring used stock in the Taurus Millenium Pro. When an unsolicited recommendation comes along by a legit customer who has nothing to gain, I tend to pay attention. After I get a set of night sights for my glock, this spring be the next upgrade on the list.

Unlike the hardcore folks, I chose a glock because of all of the accessories available. I just put a 3.5lb trigger connector in mine and I am amazed at how much better I shoot with it.

BTW: I'm considering the Truglo TFO Tritium/Fiber Optic sights.

What other changes have you done to your glock?

I have heard good things about those and was interested... just about the time my XS sights were in the mail :( Other than that I just have a Surefire X200-A weapon light.

kurtmax_0

imported post

This looks interesting.

I'm really wondering how reliable it really is though. I like to keep my carry pistol (G19) stock, as stock Glocks are reliable and mine has functioned flawlessly for the last three years. I might try this if I get another Glock though.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

kurtmax_0 wrote:
This looks interesting.

I'm really wondering how reliable it really is though. I like to keep my carry pistol (G19) stock, as stock Glocks are reliable and mine has functioned flawlessly for the last three years. I might try this if I get another Glock though.
Well, it is a drop in part. You could use it at the range and see how reliable it is, then take it out for carry.

Weak 9mm

imported post

The DPM system (Using the heavier spring that was provided) still works wonderfully with the weakest round I shoot, WWB 115gr FMJ. It reduces the recoil of those rounds significantly.

I have fired hundreds of WWB 115gr FMJs since installing it without a single failure. It works just as well as the stock system with any round I've tried while significantly reducing muzzle rise and felt recoil. It also increases the smoothness of the cycling of the slide and you can feel that it's not slamming fully to the rear while still retaining lots of energy (This is likely part of the reason why it reduces muzzle rise). The gun has yet to fail in any manner with any of the ammunition I've used, both before and after the installation of the DPM system. I tested everything from those weak WWB rounds up to "+P" and "+P+" loads from Federal and Winchester as well.

Btw, I don't think he was "baiting" me (And I wasn't "baiting" him), but if he was then that's some shitty/childish behavior on a serious forum. If you're being serious about congratulating people for "baiting," then that's some shit behavior on your part as well. :)

Pointman

imported post

The magnetic product looks like a gimmick, since the magnet strength would have to be incredible to actually do what they claim, and even the claim of better managing the exhaust gasses is unbelievable. The weight of the magnets will do more to counteract muzzle flip than the actual magnets will.

Weak 9mm

imported post

Yeah, I don't think the magnet is worth it either.

I'm surprised you had a hard time extracting useful info btw. My first post is where all of that info was. Thanks for the supporting the assholes (I guess that makes you one as well). :lol:

This is a relatively serious forum, so I'm going to assume an individual is serious when they say something on here. I guess that makes me gullible.:quirky

You can try it in real life (Where tone and other things are much easier to discern) and see how far you get if you want sometime.

Pointman

imported post

Seriously though, Glock uses something similar in the G27, and G29, G30, and G36 (all sub-compacts) with great results, so there is a reason for using multiple springs. Glock likes to keep the part count to a minimum, so I can see why they don't use multi-piece rods with multiple springs in larger handguns.

Weak 9mm

imported post

I want a suppressor myself, if I snag one at some point I'll let you know how it goes. That crazy tax is the thing keeping me from it right now.

FightingGlock19

imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
I'm not saying I can't, I'm saying it's not the intended purpose for my carry gun. I also have XS Big Dot 24/7's on my G19.

I use my Sig with Meprolight sights for that kinda stuff.
Big Dot's are GREAT for shooting distance, though.