• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KimberGuy is at it again!!!!

autosurgeon

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
T Vance wrote:
I so wanted to reply back about the "you will be charge with DTP. My neighbor is a cop and told me so" cmment, but I'm done wasting ANY enegy over there.

Have fun lifting your trucks boys. "My trucks bigger than your truck. Watch me drive over this rock. I hope I can find me someone that looks like the mud flap girl one day."
That's probably the best choice to make.  No point in pissn' in the wind.

Yep as all it gets ya is wet and smelly!

SpringerXDacp

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
T Vance wrote:
I so wanted to reply back about the "you will be charge with DTP. My neighbor is a cop and told me so" cmment, but I'm done wasting ANY enegy over there.

Have fun lifting your trucks boys. "My trucks bigger than your truck. Watch me drive over this rock. I hope I can find me someone that looks like the mud flap girl one day."
That's probably the best choice to make. No point in pissn' in the wind.

Yep as all it gets ya is wet and smelly!
:lol: That's true....

cscitney87

imported post

Actually I'm on Michigan unemployment and it Does pay for all that stuff.. Funny nobody ever questions when I buy my 6 pack with my Michigan UI card.. What a great card too- beautiful picture- that nice sunset across the lake at the beach. :lol:

Hombre

Banned
imported post

BTW fellas, I'm a cop, and your posters over at GL4x4 certainly won no friends. They made your cause look pretty bad. Also, for the record.....I am not opposed to OC with handguns.

Haman J.T.

imported post

Kimberguy wrote:
where did all this anger come from? I'm sorry you feel the way you do fire fighter. I would hope that we can put this foolishness aside and continue on with what matters; defending our rights.

as to your interpretation of what I wrote i don't see how that is insulting, and it was directed to the previous posts in that thread. read it, and you'll find them.

I would suggest though, that if you really have a problem with me, you PM me. You can actually resolve things that way, instead of trying to slander some one on a public forum.

I have good reason for not replying to most of these posts. but I have read them all.
I support you 100% KG! Rights are rights and open carry is open carry! We're exercising our rights without the fear of upsetting the PC's,who do not understand and have no wisdom!God Bless the U.S and enjoy our freedom!

Haman J.T.

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
It's amazing to me how all the focus keeps coming around to KG. This site does not like nor allow LEO bashing, which I normally agree with. What I am concerned about is the people who weren't even there, make no reference to the LPD being responsible for the whole issue, not KG. All this anger and finger pointing needs to be directed at the LPD and ALL the officers involved. KG broke no laws, LPD on the other hand, had a field day with no repercussions as yet to be seen.
If you want to complain, do it in writing to the LPD. :cuss::banghead:
Thats because the majority of people have no clue about their rights and just accept whatever the police say or do.It's a total lack of knowledge and understanding!We're educating them as fast as possible without the backing of the lame stream media!

Haman J.T.

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
xraygil1 wrote:
Ladies and getleman- There are by far more long guns openly carried in Michigan than there will ever be handguns. During the hunting season I see people carring rifles everywhere. Most slung over the shoulder, but quite often just held in the hand. It's just not that big a deal in many places. I support both, and it's legal. Until the name of this site is changed to pistol opencarry.org I would think that anyone who is a member here should support the LAW as it stands and not let trolls use this as a devisive issue. Have a nice day!:lol:
Grew up in Metro Detroit and spent to much time in Harbor Beach, tip of the thumb, fishing for salmon every Fall. Spent equal time in the Upper Peninsula. There is a lot of emotion in this thread and there is a lot of argument as well. So I wanted to highlight this poster's sentiment- in regards to carrying long guns- it's very popular in Michigan. It's not very popular in Metro-Detroit. It's also not very popular in other larger metro areas, but that's fine. That's a relatively small area- compared to the enormous size of Michigan. Let's not forget that any laws pertaining to the LP also pertain to the UP- not many posters here from the UP in ratio with posters from the LP. The UP is a completely different lifestyle. It's a different way of thinking. It's like the Wild Wild West up there so to speak. Nobody cares about anybody doing anything- specially not openly carrying a gun of any type. Everybody minds their business and that's how life is lived. I can say the same for the majority of the LP outside of the metro areas.

So not really saying much but I am saying that Michiganders need to support each other and most importantly keep in mind we don't all live in the metro area. We do need to support all forms of legal open carry.
BINGO!

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hombre wrote:
BTW fellas, I'm a cop, and your posters over at GL4x4 certainly won no friends.  They made your cause look pretty bad.  Also, for the record.....I am not opposed to OC with handguns.

Well hombre - there's no use really talking to you on the topic - anything that would be said you'd take in a negative light.

I wish you safety on your job.

Try to remember that those of us that choose to OC do our best to be fully within the law - are not trying to "bait" law enforcement (Which is why we sent LEO packets to every county sheriff in the state), but simply want to exercise our constitutionally (state and federal) protected right.

Yooper

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
xraygil1 wrote:
     Ladies and getleman- There are by far more long guns openly carried in Michigan than there will ever be handguns.  During the hunting season I see people carring rifles everywhere. Most slung over the shoulder, but quite often just held in the hand. It's just not that big a deal in many places. I support both, and it's legal.  Until the name of this site is changed to pistol opencarry.org I would think that anyone who is a member here should support the LAW as it stands and not let trolls use this as a devisive issue.  Have a nice day!:lol:
Grew up in Metro Detroit and spent to much time in Harbor Beach, tip of the thumb, fishing for salmon every Fall.   Spent equal time in the Upper Peninsula.  There is a lot of emotion in this thread and there is a lot of argument as well.  So I wanted to highlight this poster's sentiment- in regards to carrying long guns- it's very popular in Michigan.  It's not very popular in Metro-Detroit.  It's also not very popular in other larger metro areas, but that's fine.  That's a relatively small area- compared to the enormous size of Michigan.  Let's not forget that any laws pertaining to the LP also pertain to the UP- not many posters here from the UP in ratio with posters from the LP.  The UP is a completely different lifestyle.  It's a different way of thinking.  It's like the Wild Wild West up there so to speak.  Nobody cares about anybody doing anything- specially not openly carrying a gun of any type. Everybody minds their business and that's how life is lived.  I can say the same for the majority of the LP outside of the metro areas.

So not really saying much but I am saying that Michiganders need to support each other and most importantly keep in mind we don't all live in the metro area.    We do need to support all forms of legal open carry.

Wouldn't it be great if the rest of the U.S. followed our way of living? ESPECIALLY our politicians

T Vance

imported post

Hombre wrote:
BTW fellas, I'm a cop, and your posters over at GL4x4 certainly won no friends. They made your cause look pretty bad. Also, for the record.....I am not opposed to OC with handguns.
Well, as a LEO I would hope that you would clear up some of the misconceptions on the 4x4 forum regarding LAWS that you are supposed to be upholding and knowledgable about.

For the record, you should read some of the comments YOU posted about OCer's, some postedbefore any of US even stepped foot over there, such as...

"Open carry people are attention whores with guns. Most of them that I've met are professional carrot cuffers"

"You retards are gonna keep doing this shit and a law will be passed to make it illegal. Mark my words."

"The right to bear arms is a right given by our Creator. I can go along with that. But they left a God given right out.........the right to protect society from attention whores with guns."

"

Hombre

Banned
imported post

T Vance wrote:
Hombre wrote:
Well, as a LEO I would hope that you would clear up some of the misconceptions on the 4x4 forum regarding LAWS that you are supposed to be upholding and knowledgable about.

For the record, you should read some of the comments YOU posted about OCer's, some postedbefore any of US even stepped foot over there, such as...

"Open carry people are attention whores with guns. Most of them that I've met are professional carrot cuffers"

"You retards are gonna keep doing this @#$% and a law will be passed to make it illegal. Mark my words."

"The right to bear arms is a right given by our Creator. I can go along with that. But they left a God given right out.........the right to protect society from attention whores with guns."
I stand by those statements.One or two people can screw it up for everybody. Seek attention and you will get it. Attention is obviously what you guys are seeking.Youtry to baitlaw enforcement because they are the only ones paying any attention to you (and only because they have to, not because they want to).:lol:

T Vance

imported post

Hombre wrote:
T Vance wrote:
Hombre wrote:

"You retards are gonna keep doing this @#$% and a law will be passed to make it illegal. Mark my words."

I stand by those statements.One or two people can screw it up for everybody. Seek attention and you will get it. Attention is obviously what you guys are seeking.Youtry to baitlaw enforcement because they are the only ones paying any attention to you (and only because they have to, not because they want to).:lol:

Well, since you seem to know that WE are baiting for a fact, what is your RAS? Could you cite us with some facts that we are baiting and not out minding our own business looking to go about our day without ANY interuptions?

kyleplusitunes

imported post

so let me get this right, being fully within the confines of the law, in every aspect, is now considered baiting?

define this logic.

I was at this Lansing meet, and we were simply fat hungry people who wanted to eat, we happened to have guns.

no baiting, nothing illegal.

Hombre

Banned
imported post

T Vance wrote:
Hombre wrote:
T Vance wrote:
Hombre wrote:

Well, since you seem to know that WE are baiting for a fact, what is your RAS? Could you cite us with some facts that we are baiting and not out minding our own business looking to go about our day without ANY interuptions?
How about the fact that every time your group hosts a "rally" or whatever you guys call it, you call all the t.v. stations to get on the news? That sounds like attention whoring to me.

T Vance

imported post

Hombre wrote:
How about the fact that every time your group hosts a "rally" or whatever you guys call it, you call all the t.v. stations to get on the news? That sounds like attention whoring to me.
Everytime? Could you please find all of the events we have had, and follow everyone of those up with news video/articles?

Hombre

Banned
imported post

T Vance wrote:
Hombre wrote:
Everytime? Could you please find all of the events we have had, and follow everyone of those up with news video/articles?
So....you don't contact the news media for your events?

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

Actually, no,

If you read around this forum, all the media generally do not get called. You'll find that when it gets suggested about 75% of the posters are against calling ahead. There's a whole thread about it.

And also, this statement:

Hombre wrote:
You have proven that wrong... as a few of your more ignorant statements as quoted by T Vance were in response to posts solely about OC with handguns, and a specific note that Long Guns were not the issue of discussion. I can quote if necessary, but I think you know how ignorant you're being.

Hombre

Banned
imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
Hombre wrote:

Well hombre - there's no use really talking to you on the topic - anything that would be said you'd take in a negative light.

Try to remember that those of us that choose to OC do our best to be fully within the law - are not trying to "bait" law enforcement ([shadow=red]Which is why we sent LEO packets to every county sheriff in the state[/shadow]), but simply want to exercise our constitutionally (state and federal) protected right.

There are 83 Sheriff's in Michigan. Several of those have no road patrol or a minimal road patrol. So, if you were really trying to get the word out to Law Enforcement, why didn't you send those packets to the HUNDREDS of law enforcement agencies in the state? Further, if you send those packets to the Sheriff's, why do you host some of your rally's in incorporated cities that have their own law enforcement agencies?

Sounds like baiting cops to me. Like I said at GL4x4. A bunch of professional carrot cuffers.

sasha601

imported post

Hombre,

No you do not have to pay attention to people like KimberGuy. This is because what he does is legal. If people call and complain about "man with a gun", police does not have to automatically send 10 officers and create a stand off. Instead, properly trained 911 operator should ask follow up question like "Is person waving gone in threatening manner?", "Is person with gun threatening anyone?" Operator, then can advise caller that it is legal to carry firearm openly in Michigan and that nothing police can do. But, instead, Lansing cops chose to come over (10 of them or so)and create drama. This is because you do not have enough respect to ordinary people exercising constitutional rights.

No, KimberGuy is not a whore as you called him. He is a guy who risks his personal safety and freedom to exercise rights granted by our Constitution.

Hombre wrote:
T Vance wrote:
Hombre wrote:
BTW fellas, I'm a cop, and your posters over at GL4x4 certainly won no friends.  They made your cause look pretty bad.  Also, for the record.....I am not opposed to OC with handguns.

For the record, you should read some of the comments YOU posted about OCer's, some posted before any of US even stepped foot over there, such as...

I stand by those statements.  One or two people can screw it up for everybody.  Seek attention and you will get it.  Attention is obviously what you guys are seeking.  You try to bait law enforcement because they are the only ones paying any attention to you (and only because they have to, not because they want to).:lol:

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

Hombre wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
Hombre wrote:

Try to remember that those of us that choose to OC do our best to be fully within the law - are not trying to "bait" law enforcement (
Which is why we sent LEO packets to every county sheriff in the state
), but simply want to exercise our constitutionally (state and federal) protected right.

There are 83 Sheriff's in Michigan. Several of those have no road patrol or a minimal road patrol. So, if you were really trying to get the word out to Law Enforcement, why didn't you send those packets to the HUNDREDS of law enforcement agencies in the state? Further, if you send those packets to the Sheriff's, why do you host some of your rally's in incorporated cities that have their own law enforcement agencies?

Sounds like baiting cops to me. Like I said at GL4x4. A bunch of professional carrot cuffers.
well you're certainly taking the nonexistent bait arent you?

and, as you say we are doing, you are making a bad case for the police. Its a good thing we know better than to assume all cops are as hardheaded as you are.

The reality is, though, that we're already within the law. We have no reason to 'bait' anyone. If anything the police 'bait' us. Its them who stop us forbeing perfectly within the law, and try to find bogus crap to charge us with, because they don't agree with said law.