• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Westland, Michigan OC Event

pearldrums2

imported post

Updated the list had a couple more MGO'ers volunteer to bring some things

Still looking for a grill though!! If you have access to one that you could bring that would be awesome as that is probably one of the biggest things we need

SpringerXDacp

imported post

pearldrums2 wrote:
to the top!!!

Still looking for some volunteers. Grill is the biggest one we are going to need and some drinks and maybe some hotdogs etc!!!
SuperTrucker is bringing a bunch of hotdogs and buns. Beerme is probably bringing burgers and Dessique is bringing burger buns. Other than a grill or two, maybe someone can offer to bring ice, condiments or brats and buns.

Rich3077

imported post

Greetings,

I just found this forum an hour ago while looking for open carry information and found this thread. I think I can make the event... I cant bring food for 100 people but a pack of Kowalski Natural Casing hot dogs seems in order? Perhaps some buns and ketchup??

I took my CPL safety training a couple of days ago and applied for my CPL today in Wayne county. Its just a waiting game for me now.

I would plan on carrying a .40 cal Glock on my hip.

Peace
Rich

pearldrums2

imported post

well welcome to the forum for starters... and we would love to have you stop on out and join us for sure!!! As far as bringing anything i think that we are good as far as hotdogs right now but how about a few things of soda or something like that???

Looking forward to seeing you down there and yes it is just a waiting game for you now!!! I know how you feel as all of us who have CPL's do lol!!!

Rich3077

imported post

pearldrums2 wrote:
well welcome to the forum for starters... and we would love to have you stop on out and join us for sure!!! As far as bringing anything i think that we are good as far as hotdogs right now but how about a few things of soda or something like that???

Looking forward to seeing you down there and yes it is just a waiting game for you now!!! I know how you feel as all of us who have CPL's do lol!!!
Hmm pearldrums2... Do you have paypal?? That way even if I cant make it I can still contribute a few bucks... and if I do show up I can still bring some sodas.
I am 100% behind this gathering and would like to do something.

Peace
Rich

pearldrums2

imported post

No I do not have a paypal account sorry..... Your support is plenty and it is not mandatory that you volunteer to bring something!!! Thank you very much for your support and if you show up bring the soda if u can!!! If you can't like I said showing up and showing support shows a lot as well!!!!

Another thing for everyone is I just looked at the weather and they are calling for rain as of now.... If they continue to call for rain what do you think we should do???

pearldrums2

imported post

yeah the only time I would be worried about it is if it rains that is why I was asking if it does what should we do lol!!!

If there is no one in it when we get there then oh yeah I am going to use it unless it is rented for sure

SpringerXDacp

imported post

pearldrums2 wrote:
yeah the only time I would be worried about it is if it rains that is why I was asking if it does what should we do lol!!!

If there is no one in it when we get there then oh yeah I am going to use it unless it is rented for sure
Maybe a couple of the attendees have a canopy/ez-up they can bring along just-in-case.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Rich3077 wrote:
Greetings,

I just found this forum an hour ago while looking for open carry information and found this thread. I think I can make the event... I cant bring food for 100 people but a pack of Kowalski Natural Casing hot dogs seems in order? Perhaps some buns and ketchup??

I took my CPL safety training a couple of days ago and applied for my CPL today in Wayne county. Its just a waiting game for me now.

I would plan on carrying a .40 cal Glock on my hip.

Peace
Rich

Welcome to OCDO Rich3077.

You canadd your location by going to My Account and then Profile. Pick USA under Country first and then pick Michigan under State.

pearldrums2

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
pearldrums2 wrote:

Maybe a couple of the attendees have a canopy/ez-up they can bring along just-in-case.
good call on that springer didn't think of that one!!

DodgeThisSpringfield

imported post

So how many are attending thus far? My buddy and I are planning on going along with bringing our girlfriends (they both carry as well). I don't know how long we will be able to stick around, as we all have final exams next week. All of us are college students, hold full-timejobs and are firearms enthusiasts in our spare time; my friend and I are also in the USMC program to become Officers after we receive our bachelor's degrees.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

DodgeThisSpringfield wrote:
So how many are attending thus far? My buddy and I are planning on going along with bringing our girlfriends (they both carry as well). I don't know how long we will be able to stick around, as we all have final exams next week. All of us are college students, hold full-timejobs and are firearms enthusiasts in our spare time; my friend and I are also in the USMC program to become Officers after we receive our bachelor's degrees.
Looks like 10 confirmed. Generally more show up than are posted. My guess is we will have about 20 people or so. Of the 80 or so picnics we have had so far in Michigan, all have been fun and a great place for those new to OC to talk with people that do it every day. Plus the food is great andOC peopleare generallytop notch.