• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why you need a gun/CPL

Bronson

A few months ago, I woke up to find my sunroof shattered all over the car, and driveway, nothing was taken, but if the law would allow it, I would have had no issue with opening up on them, had I seen them breaking in..

Keep in mind, if there were such a provision in the law, it is highly unlikely that the car would have been damaged to begin with.

You don't even realize that the things you type here make it appear as if you are mentally unstable and that you just can't wait to take the life of another person someday.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...you don't have to type, for all the world to see on an open forum, everything you "think."

Bronson

TheQ

One ought to give care to what they say on a public forum and how it could be used at a future trial when self-defense comes into question...

stainless1911

Banned
True, but if you can't afford a lawyer, you're convicted already.

ETA With what Ive personally experienced, as well as what cases I've seen and read about, in these days of judicial activism, and knowing that the law is for sale, I have Zero confidence in the system.

Last edited:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
True, but if you can't afford a lawyer, you're convicted already.

ETA With what Ive personally experienced, as well as what cases I've seen and read about, in these days of judicial activism, and knowing that the law is for sale, I have Zero confidence in the system.

Not entirely true... I won a civil case yesterday... me versus 2 attorneys.

SpringerXDacp

Unless I was actually IN the vehicle at the time, I think I'd actually be glad to get rid of either of our cars. :lol:

I hear ya. I bought my truck, new, over 25 years ago and if I'm stuck with it for another year or two, I wont have to open a door to get into it.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Please provide a case where this has happened... the courts in GR/Kent County, of all places, when a young man was shot at a Shell station in the Boston Square area of GR, wouldn't even allow the filing if the papers by the family.

It's not so much that in has happened, but the law doesn't prevent them from suing and a judge allowing the suit to go on. The law provides some defense to the suit. But as others have wrote you could still be out money, etc...

So it depends on the court you are suing in and how the the judge leans.

kubel

Looks like TheQ removed his post. I'm guessing this is the shirtless gangbanger with the crow bar beating the PT cruiser video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W91EWQv4Fc

If I were in that drivers position (same car, stuck in traffic like that), I would have pulled my gun and shot him when he walked over to the driver side. I wouldn't care about my car, I would simply be in real imminent fear of my life.

However, if I were driving my car, stuck in traffic like that, I would have just pushed the cars in front of me out of the way or hopped the curb after the first blow to my corner light. Might not have worked well for a little I4 PT Cruiser. But I'm pretty sure it would have been effective with my big 2-ton V8 powered body-on-frame Crown Victoria with a go-rhino push bumper on the front. :)

If I were one of the other drivers, and I saw the woman trapped in her car, trapped in traffic, with some crackhead with a crowbar beating her car, I *may* have done something about it. I don't subscribe to the sheepdog philosophy of carrying (I carry selfishly, for ME), but still- I'm probably not just going to sit there doing nothing while evil triumphs and takes a life.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Looks like TheQ removed his post. I'm guessing this is the shirtless gangbanger with the crow bar beating the PT cruiser video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W91EWQv4Fc

If I were in that drivers position (same car, stuck in traffic like that), I would have pulled my gun and shot him when he walked over to the driver side. I wouldn't care about my car, I would simply be in real imminent fear of my life.

However, if I were driving my car, stuck in traffic like that, I would have just pushed the cars in front of me out of the way or hopped the curb after the first blow to my corner light. Might not have worked well for a little I4 PT Cruiser. But I'm pretty sure it would have been effective with my big 2-ton V8 powered body-on-frame Crown Victoria with a go-rhino push bumper on the front. :)

If I were one of the other drivers, and I saw the woman trapped in her car, trapped in traffic, with some crackhead with a crowbar beating her car, I *may* have done something about it. I don't subscribe to the sheepdog philosophy of carrying (I carry selfishly, for ME), but still- I'm probably not just going to sit there doing nothing while evil triumphs and takes a life.

+1

HKcarrier

A few months ago, I woke up to find my sunroof shattered all over the car, and driveway, nothing was taken, but if the law would allow it, I would have had no issue with opening up on them, had I seen them breaking in..

Keep in mind, if there were such a provision in the law, it is highly unlikely that the car would have been damaged to begin with.

Sounds like something out of the mouth of that Canton, Ohio police officer.....

stainless1911

Banned
cute.

Just go ahead and let the criminals have free reign of things then.

Look, if we have a law that says that you can be shot for messing with peoples things, tghen there will be a lot fewer people messing with other peoples property.

Nothing wrong at all with shooting the guy that you catch in the act of running a key down the side of your car. We just need to bring the laws up to speed with that fact.

Bronson

Nothing wrong at all with shooting the guy that you catch in the act of running a key down the side of your car.

Yes there is something wrong with it. What's amazing to me is that you just can't, or won't, understand that statements like the above make you looke like a murderous loon that is just itching to take a life.

Bronson